U67 Build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a secret that used to be covered by my NDA with Korg. I don't think it is relevant any more.

A chinese company made 1:1 replica of a Korg keyboard. Korg contacted the Chinese, made a deal with them, and bought all of the produced items, branded them as new, lower priced Korg model. The only way you could tell was because the fact it was the only keyboard with external PSU marked as - made in China. Not the keyboard, the PSU!

The sales exploded, and to this day, as far as i know, it was the only model not produced at a Korg factory. Weirdly, the original Korg model had way more warranty issues than the replica Chinese manufactured.

Avoiding commercial risks, I suggest that the client buy a Chinese clone of the U87 himself. In our country it is easy and unpunished.
Yes, you can certainly talk yourself into it. I think we all know what member "Drosselmeier" does. Together with the Chinese manufacturers, he steals intellectual property from people, some of whom I know. Real people, with families and everything.

He sells the fake Neumänner with a logo because there's more money for it than without, not because the logo was already on the body. He actively advises his customers to buy these (industrial!) pirated products and thus optimizes his income. This is theft, even if it is not punished in the current Russia, which has even bigger problems.

The cloned Neumann product is still on sale, it has long been an unspoken rule here on groupdiy not to publish such products. But don't worry, nothing will happen to you, because the hypocrisy here is getting out of hand because of people like you.

What else can you expect from a man who sticks other people's logos on his "work" (..because it's not prosecuted LOL) to fill his pockets?

This is product piracy in its purest form, someone is stealing IP for personal financial gain. No more, no less. Spare me any attempts to justify this behavior. It is as I have written it and you know it. #

It really stinks here!

Yes, you can certainly talk yourself into it. I think we all know what member "Drosselmeier" does. Together with the Chinese manufacturers, he steals intellectual property from people, some of whom I know. Real people, with families and everything.
Nobody brings me original Neumanns to remake. That's why I remake the fake ones.
Are these PCBs that you designed to fit these bodies? They look very nice.
One person's "designed" is another person's "reproduced"...
Yes it is
I "reproduced" the PCB using photographs from GDIY and other sources. Except for the round board. I couldn’t find this photo so I took it myself.

Nobody brings me original Neumanns to remake. That's why I remake the fake ones.
Nonsense, that's pretty much the stupidest excuse I've heard on the subject so far. The reality is, you make money with illegal product copies, you steal other people's intellectual property and trademarks because you can generate higher profits with it. That's all.

There are no more logos on my photos
I don't view GDIY as an advertising platform. This is stupid - You can't buy my product because of sanctions.
I painted over the logo on the photos yesterday

Last edited:
there are no more logos on my photos
That doesn't make things any better. You continue to promote your "service" here by referring to a well-known illegal counterfeiting workshop and your upgrade to it. The guys make no secret of their intentions, these are counterfeits through and through and you are part of the supply chain. You're not just advertising it, you're selling it. Are you kidding us?

If you're serious, take down your promotional photos. I still don't understand why the mods don't react. It wasn't just me who clearly pointed out what kind of "products" we're talking about here.

enough wishes
That's not for you to decide. You are playing with the existence of this community with your illegal activities. Outside of Russia, laws still apply and the groupdiy platform is also subject to them. So respect the community and take down the promotion for your dirty business.

So strange that many people here spend so much time trying to figure out how to make their own projects based on historical mics more accurate, but when someone else does it, it’s blasphemy. I agree that selling fake Neumann’s as authentic is a crime, but we don’t know that @Drosselmeier is doing that.

If someone wants a good U67 but doesn’t have the $6,000 for a Neumann reproduction or $15,000 for a vintage one, one of these counterfeit bodies would a good platform to build one. While buying one of these bodies is supporting the counterfeiting company, it’s not the same as someone buying/selling it thinking it’s a genuine Neumann product.

Should the logo badges be removed? Yes, probably. I certainly would remove them myself. Then again, we have seen many users add Neumann/Telefunken badges to their DIY mics for aesthetic reasons. I also build guitars for fun, and while I’d rather have my name on the headstock, I know many people who put Fender/Gibson, etc logos on their homemade guitars for similar reasons.

It may be a moral grey area, but there is a distinction between using a logo for “fun” (right or wrong), and trying to pass something off as an authentic original.

Last edited:
So strange that many people here spend so much time trying to figure out how to make their own projects based on historical mics more accurate, but when someone else does it, it’s blasphemy. I agree that selling fake Neumann’s as authentic is a crime, but we don’t know that @Drosselmeier is doing that.
This is not quite the reality we are talking about. Member Drosselmeier simply has no awareness of injustice and has clearly documented his behavior here for everyone to read.

At the moment, some posts are being edited or deleted in order to stage reality. The facts remain simple. We are not talking about the result of an enthusiast building a replica for himself.

We are talking about industrial production of counterfeit products, which includes the packaging, any paperwork, the body design and ATTENTION: the logo.

That simply makes the difference. Whether you show it officially or not, it's illegal. Almost everywhere. Here we see a (small) distribution channel for a crime.
Not to forget. This is scalable, like all industrial production. The request essentially defines the production quantity.

I already hear all the other bogus arguments and I can only say the following. Yes, it's not so hip here, but we're talking about theft. The brand doesn't belong to you.

Last edited:
If someone wants a good U67 but doesn’t have the $6,000 for a Neumann reproduction or $15,000 for a vintage one, one of these counterfeit bodies would a good platform to build one. While buying one of these bodies is supporting the counterfeiting company, it’s not the same as someone buying/selling it thinking it’s a genuine Neumann product.

The other option of course, is buy a used genuine U87Ai for ~ÂŁ1800 and convert that. Then you get the genuine capsule, body, and logo without breaking any laws at all.

Not for the faint-hearted, perhaps. But perfectly legal and ethically sound. As long as you declare the truth.

Back