Yawn...another 1176 (pics)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnats

Finally finishing up this project from Christmas of last year...

Nothing that hasn't been done before - two 1176es in one box - except with class A outputs and inside a 1U case.

Click for full-sized pics
Thanks to Ed for the input(s), Andrew and Cinemag for the output transformers and everyone who joined in the discussion.

Now, where's some audio I can abuse?

Ok, thats just...well...speechless. I mean...a dual 1176 in 1RU. Thats like 4 times smaller than a 1176 :green:

Where did you get the sifam meters?

that's a lot of goodness in a 1U space. :thumb:

i like the pull knobs for switching GR. it's those little unique touches that make these topics (the millionth 1176) not yawn worthy. nice work.

great job! :guinness: :thumb:

I like the fact that you don't waste any rackspace.

Would love to build my 2 like these myself ( :cry: I need time, anyone knows a good source for time? tried RS and the local surplus :green: )

Thats absolutely beautiful! :thumb:

Ive been dreaming about a dual 1176 in a 1U enclosure. Good to know its possible to get everything in there.

Yeah , yeah , so you're clever and do good work , and offer people
fine products and spend allot of your time helping
but can you solve world hunger ?

But seriously , Nice !

And that is the point , i have on my dream list to do a dual 1176 1RU ,
but class A , output Bravo , what transformers did you use the cinemags from Ed [ thanks Ed & mako ] won't fit in a 1ru

regards Greg

[quote author="okgb"]
what transformers did you use the cinemags from Ed [ thanks Ed & mako ] won't fit in a 1ru

regards Greg[/quote]

That's why the lid isn't on it.

:cool:

Latest posts

Back