LA2A with Edcor Transformers - PROBLEMS!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, I've just fitted WSM 600:15Ks in and out on another LA-2a, and the results are excellent.

Can I suggest the WSMs, -Svart, I didn't see which series you were using?

Hey I'm starting to put all parts together for an LA2A too...so they seem a nice option..
My next option its Cinemag if i hear better feedback..

Thanks

For what its worth I think the real concern about those Edcors was that the XSM were being used. I used the WSM (cheaper low wattage version) which were recommended as a fix to the problem and really believe they are superb! I find they have a lovely even sound with no high end rolloff.  I think the XSM with the 2.5w rating can lead to a high end loss becaause of the increased capacitance. This may not be the reason but is my guess.

I have one channels on my DLA2A with Sowters and one with Edcors. To be honest, I really think I prefer the Edcors although the difference is not that large anyway.

deuce42 said:
For what its worth I think the real concern about those Edcors was that the XSM were being used. I used the WSM (cheaper low wattage version) which were recommended as a fix to the problem and really believe they are superb! I find they have a lovely even sound with no high end rolloff.  I think the XSM with the 2.5w rating can lead to a high end loss becaause of the increased capacitance. This may not be the reason but is my guess.

I have one channels on my DLA2A with Sowters and one with Edcors. To be honest, I really think I prefer the Edcors although the difference is not that large anyway.

That´s exactly why i´m asking if someone has tested the XSM on an actually working unit....i have a couple extra 600:15K but they are XSM...but i´´m quite far from completing my D-LA2A so it will be a long time for me to do some tests and report here. Best regards.

Latest posts

Back