AES San Francisco...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Ward

Anyone going?

Anything anyone would reccomend looking at?

Anyone fancy a bevvy at some point?

Matt

I'm going.  I may be tied up helping a friend launch some new products but I'd love to meet any fellow forum friends at some point.

Cheers,
Ruairi

i'm in town recording an album (i live in australia, so it's good timing!) - i'll probably come take a look at the AES show on friday or saturday...

hope to bump into some of you there - but don't know how i'd know your faces! haha

i'm probably down for a drink and a chat if anything gets organised....

haima

Strongroom said:
Anything anyone would reccomend looking at?

Where do you start? It's probably still my favorite city.

Check out the de Young museum at Golden Gate park or SFMOMA in the city, go to the mission district and try a SF style burrito (chile relleno burrito, anyone?), check out Chinatown and the Haight...

I'll be in the wrong end of California just days after the AES ends meself  :(

*edit* How could I forget The Exploratorium!!!??? Perfect place for DIYers to visit!

mnats said:
go to the mission district and try a SF style burrito (chile relleno burrito, anyone?)

i'm staying in the mission this month - i've given myself a personal challenge to eat as many tacos as possible... can't get enough!  ;D

I'll be there Friday - Sunday.

A few great looking talks/sessions on Saturday. 

I'll be by the Harman mega complex setup trying to convince them to buyout Hairball before it "gets huge".

Mike

Strongroom said:
So what nights are good for people?  And who knows anywhere good to meet?

o.k. as done before. pick a booth to meet at... usually around the end of the day. From there who knows. It's san francisco.  Many places to venture too in many directions.  usually someone has a plan by them. Now I wonder will CJ be around  or did he get stuck down the hole?

Hi guys,

I made an appalling job of meeting anyone in London and chances are I'll be tied up a lot this weekend too.  I'll be working with PMC in their demo room and will occasionally be staffing the Mix Sensei stand.  Drop by if you're around.

Cheers,
Ruairi

o.kl sounds like Saturday is a better day for most...  Pick a booth and time and we all can meet there.  maybe next year I'll finally have my audio tee shirts available...

Slogans like

It sounds more like it did now then 10 minutes ago.

Delay the stereo buss so we can reference the mix in the morning.

2" tape for that extra push off the cliff.

Pro tools the cause and  possible solution to bad audio

Gates are for pussies

Back