KM-84 Transformer Question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HellfireStudios

Does anyone know the ratio of the BV-107 transformer used in the KM-84? I can't seem to find this info. I read that anything between 7:1 and 10:1 are exceptable, but a more exact ratio would make finding a replacement to fit in a Chinese SDC easier and closer to spec. Thanks.

-James-

I asked Dave at Cinemag which transformer he would use in the KM-84. He said the CM-2510 at 8:1 should fit the bill and the mic (a MXL 604) nicely. Just in case anyone else cares.

-James-

Hi James,

It has 7:1 ratio;
primary inductance is 400H (at 50mV~, 100Hz);
DC resistances are 1620 Ohm (pri), 66 Ohm (sec).

bezen4uk said:
Hi James,

It has 7:1 ratio;
primary inductance is 400H (at 50mV~, 100Hz);
DC resistances are 1620 Ohm (pri), 66 Ohm (sec).

Thanks for the info. It now seems my options are the AMI T8 at 7:1 or the Cinemag CM-2510 at 8:1. Seeing the AMI is $120 and the Cinemag is round $40-50, I think I'll take the Cinemag(s). My wallet will thank me. Any better suggestions than AMI or Cinemag?

-James-

HellfireStudios said:
Any better suggestions than AMI or Cinemag?

the real deal?  still available on deutsche ebay every so often, i lucked out and scored 10  8)

grantlack said:
HellfireStudios said:
Any better suggestions than AMI or Cinemag?

the real deal?  still available on deutsche ebay every so often, i lucked out and scored 10  8)

As ebay has seemed to run dry as of late, what kind of price would I be looking at for the real thing? On a side note, would it be possible to pry a couple from your hands? Thanks.

-James-

I've read that the BV13 was used in the KM84 as well.

I used AMI T13.

That's what I have in my KM84 mods and they sound GORGEOUS :)

Peace
Illumination

I appreciate the info. I may still need to go Cinemag, though. I need about six transformers of differing types to finish up my present projects. At this quantity, I need to save all the money I can. I could always try the other options presented here later, if the Cinemags don't work well enough. Thanks.

-James-

Back