DaveP

Re: Donald trump. what is your take on him?
« Reply #2660 on: August 13, 2017, 04:25:10 AM »
I am totally disgusted that there are Americans alive today, who feel it is justified to give the Nazi salute.  Their grandfathers who died on Omaha beach , Normandy and Europe would have shot them out of hand as traitors.

They have betrayed the entire generation who fought WW2 for their freedom,  as well as the 450,900 Brits who died doing the same.  They all need history lessons big time.

DaveP
Soundcloud: Delayed Action.

scott2000

« Reply #2661 on: August 13, 2017, 10:48:17 AM »
I am totally disgusted that there are Americans alive today, who feel it is justified to give the Nazi salute.  Their grandfathers who died on Omaha beach , Normandy and Europe would have shot them out of hand as traitors.

They have betrayed the entire generation who fought WW2 for their freedom,  as well as the 450,900 Brits who died doing the same.  They all need history lessons big time.

DaveP

Yeah it sucks.   

GOD  bLESS AMERICA

Script

« Reply #2662 on: August 13, 2017, 11:42:47 AM »
I am presenting you with baubles you may or may not appreciate, but I do.
Fair enough.

Word field:
- baubles
- tand
I follow you there.

Let's remember when we talk about how the north koreans interpret something that 99.999999% of them have no idea what's happening.
With North Korea having an estimated popultion of 25,155,317 (as of 2015) that's a funny way of saying that someone there is out of his mind.  ;D

JohnRoberts

« Reply #2663 on: August 13, 2017, 12:00:08 PM »
Our fathers and grandfathers fought to protect their right to show their ass (like that)......  while I agree it is deplorable and embarrassing (it's protected speech). 

I'm  sure the euro press and public is eating that stuff up because it makes them feel better about themselves (sorry my speculation).

DaveP
I have been trying to ignore the recent flare up in the news, no doubt aggravated by attention from the media (nothing like lights and cameras to attract a crowd, and create a news story, on a slow news day.) There seems to be a new front in the identity politics culture wars to take a magic slate approach to disappear historical cultural icons.  I couldn't give a rat's a__ about the stars and bars (confederate flag), but see at least one neighbor flying one. He probably lives up to at least part of the stereotype assigned to all of them (red neck, white, and prejudiced, while that sounds a little redundant).

I see little sense in tearing down statues of confederate generals. Anyone who has bothered to learn about the civil war realizes is was far more complicated than just about race relations (more about economic systems and states rights). By modern cultural mores slavery is unacceptable, but hundreds of years ago it was widely tolerated and accepted as normal.  I am not about to take George Washington off the dollar bill because he owned slaves hundreds of years ago.  If people want to be outraged about slavery let's fight the slavery still going on today around the world (mostly as human trafficking but simple slavery is practiced in ISIS controlled regions).  If angry about Nazism let's push back against anti semitism still widely practiced in the west, sometimes subtle sometimes not so much.

There are soldiers still fighting and dying today around the world trying to win somebody else's liberty, while modern culture makes it uncool to applaud and support their efforts.

JR
John Roberts
http://circularscience.com
Tune it, or don't play it...

scott2000

« Reply #2664 on: August 13, 2017, 12:28:07 PM »

I'm  sure the euro press and public is eating that stuff up because it makes them feel better about themselves (sorry my speculation).
JR

We could set up no stooping zones

tands

« Reply #2665 on: August 13, 2017, 12:58:40 PM »
Hit and run accident.

Script

« Reply #2666 on: August 13, 2017, 01:06:04 PM »
I am totally disgusted that there are Americans alive today, who feel it is justified to give the Nazi salute. [...] They all need history lessons big time
'Disgusted' might not be the right word here. Rather something more like ignorance infused disgrace? Personally, I'd change 'Americans' to 'people', but that's just my opinion.

Does it make Europeans feel good to see that happen in the US? I wouldn't thinks so. On the contrary.

tands

« Reply #2667 on: August 13, 2017, 01:07:16 PM »
Tell the normies we feel bad about it.

scott2000

« Reply #2668 on: August 13, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »
'Disgusted' might not be the right word here. Rather something more like ignorance infused disgrace? Personally, I'd change 'Americans' to 'people', but that's just my opinion.

Does it make Europeans feel good to see that happen in the US? I wouldn't thinks so. On the contrary.
Thanks!  8)

I  do agree that this type of tragedy is in fact  disgusting wherever it occurs. And I ,being a person, feel bad.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:31:26 PM by scott2000 »

DaveP

« Reply #2670 on: August 13, 2017, 02:23:56 PM »
I'm  sure the euro press and public is eating that stuff up because it makes them feel better about themselves (sorry my speculation)
I chose my words carefully.
There are Neo Nazis in Germany and Ukraine I believe, but I was outraged because these Americans are part of the country that fought against them,  I would feel exactly the same about English, French or Polish Nazis.
If angry about Nazism let's push back against anti semitism still widely practiced in the west, sometimes subtle sometimes not so much.
+1 on that, the fact that they have it in for the Jews only makes their views worse.

I don't give a toss whether it's cool or not to support the military nowadays, people need a reality check, they'll be glad of them if NK fires at the US.

DaveP

DaveP

« Reply #2671 on: August 13, 2017, 02:28:25 PM »
And just for the record.....
Those guys that gave the Nazi salute ARE fascists,  some of us are just conservatives.

DaveP

micaddict

« Reply #2672 on: August 13, 2017, 02:53:43 PM »
JohnRoberts wrote:
I see nazi flags, I see an act of terror from that camp and I see a president downplaying it .

But I guess it was fake news again.
That's all we get over here.

No, I'm not feeling better.
As a matter of fact I think I'm going to throw up.

scott2000

« Reply #2673 on: August 13, 2017, 03:09:44 PM »
I chose my words carefully.
 I would feel exactly the same about English, French or Polish Nazis.

DaveP

???

scott2000

« Reply #2674 on: August 13, 2017, 03:11:30 PM »

But I guess it was fake news again.
That's all we get over here.

You too?  ;D

tands

« Reply #2675 on: August 13, 2017, 04:23:59 PM »
Kamala Harris?

scott2000

tands

scott2000