Scenaria

Wanted Audio Precision PCMCIA APIB card
« on: August 04, 2015, 11:07:49 AM »
Hey guys,

not sure if anyone can help me here.

It appears that my AP card is not being recognized. I know that AP has the USB APIB interface now days but I really don't want to pony up $600

Does anyone in here have a PCMCIA card they want to sell? Perhaps someone who updated to the USB interface?

Thanks,

steve

Rochey

Re: Wanted Audio Precision PCMCIA APIB card
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 11:47:20 AM »
Careful, the USB card does'nt support old systems, I have a 2322 that doesn't support USB.
Expat Audio Home: http://www.expataudio.com

Scenaria

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 07:57:09 PM »
I checked with ap. the rep said mine is cascade+ and will run ap2700 software with the usb.

But I'd rather find a pcmcia card if the price was reasonable :)

ruairioflaherty

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 11:08:26 PM »
I've been watching the used AP scene pretty carefully in anticipation of a purchase for 6 months plus and haven't seen one for sale.

Your card or unit may be repairable (whichever is causing the issue).  I'd talk to Duke Aguiar, an ex AP employee here in LA who services these older units.  He is user AudioMan1 here - [email protected]

There is a used AP USB interface on ebay right now.

buildafriend

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 06:43:51 PM »
I just snagged an AP without this card for pretty cheap. Is this card becoming in demand? Why does it break or go missing?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:24:05 PM by buildafriend »

Audio1Man

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 10:56:10 PM »
The CARD & CABLE are not attached to the system. The card goes with the computer into the bone yard. I have some solution that could resolve this issue.  [email protected]
Duke :)