summit tla100 PSU schematic.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I have a sick TLA 100 on the bench.  Does anyone have a schematic of the  power supply?

So far I get nothing on the PSU output and the internal fuses are working. The mains fuse is o.k.  but I also do not have VAC at the point where the secondaries from the mains transformer connects into the PCB.

I am almost convinced that the mains x-former is no bueno but want to confirm that. I did download the alignment procedure and schematic in the documents section but the PSU portion is missing. 

Hi Pucho
Check for low Ohms @ the AC input and or TX Primary. Many TX have a built in thermal fuse limiter. This fuse OPENS when the temp goes high or over current. The fix is a new TX. The cause can be  internal to the TX as a shorted turn or external circuity problem.  Watt meter and variac are a must for the bench.
Duke

Also Looks like they use the same transformer for all the full rack size units??? That's what is says on their replacement parts page......

Maybe look at another schematic??? I think the DCL200 has the power section.....

Audio1Man said:
Hi Pucho
Check for low Ohms @ the AC input and or TX Primary. Many TX have a built in thermal fuse limiter. This fuse OPENS when the temp goes high or over current. The fix is a new TX. The cause can be  internal to the TX as a shorted turn or external circuity problem.  Watt meter and variac are a must for the bench.
Duke

yes... :)

I use both regularly along side some cool toys and an AP 515 8)

scott2000 said:
Also Looks like they use the same transformer for all the full rack size units??? That's what is says on their replacement parts page......

Maybe look at another schematic??? I think the DCL200 has the power section.....

yes it does.. It's enough to take my 75% certainty to 100% and order the 150.00 dollar part.

Audio1Man said:
Many TX have a built in thermal fuse limiter.

Many of the Weller irons look like they do .....I guess some don't????

"Weller responds to the magic smoke escaping from their WE1010 soldering station, and the lack of a primary side mains fuse"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUtj-bWHeKY

sorry OT....just came across this and it reminded me of this thread......

Well this has been solved.

Power switch would move and make contact noise when switched but did not exhibit continuity.  The same went for the voltage selector switch.  Once replaced the unit powered on as it should and it was passing signal as it should.

As always being thorough was/is key. While a quick test did reveal no AC on the transformer secondaries a more thorough investigation yielded the above of no continuity on the switches.  While transformers can go out, it is rare which is why I was not 100% that was the root cause.  In this case it was not.

I've had some  old Chily toggles act funky....not in that context though.... had to find a spot in between to get them to work...

Glad you got it fixed.... 

Always wanted to hear one of those....... I had a DCL200 at one time and, although not the same thing,  thought it was very nice but hear those tla100 are in another league....

the tla100 is very interesting. It sounds great but is not as optical as some think it is because the compression cell is not optical, or at least that is my understanding, no opt is involved. 

if I had a bad compression cell, I would have put in a new one and unspotted the old one. but not this time. FWIW you can buy a gain reduction cell for something like 100.00 bucks if anyone wishes to donate to the cause. But then again I am sure we would see a clone on the for sale market in the immediate future if we did that.

yeah they are cool but they are also their own thing...

Back