scott2000

Re: covid politics
« Reply #1240 on: January 02, 2021, 08:53:08 AM »
I wonder why they scale the states differently regarding the excess deaths? Looking quickly, it appears all states have about the same relative spikes but, when you look at the scaling to the left, it changes.....weird

Gosh NYC is a nightmare....ugh

L´Andratté

« Reply #1241 on: January 02, 2021, 09:33:56 AM »
I guess they just normalized the different amplitudes of the "oscillation"?
Same waveforms, in phase though, following a common dynamic--
I agree 1:1 scale would also be interesting to compare.

"Why not get an assistant to work the faders? Real vintage! And maybe cheaper... ;)"

crazydoc

« Reply #1242 on: January 03, 2021, 10:03:29 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-coronavirus-this-is-about-total-collapse-of-the-health-care-system-if-we-have-another-spike-of-covid-19/ar-BB1cpJ2g?ocid=bingcovid 

"And we, in the hospital, cannot stop that. We can only react to it. It is the public that has the power to put a stop to the spread of this virus by obeying the public health guidance that have been put out."

We're gonna take a trip.

People get ready
There's a train a commin'
You don't need no baggage
You just get on board

There ain't no room
For the hopeless sinner
Who would hurt all mankind
Just to save his own
Luckily, there is more than one way to skin a cat.
The secret of happiness is having low expectations.

scott2000

« Reply #1243 on: January 05, 2021, 08:12:46 PM »
Looks like LA county is making a push to discharge as many patients as they can to make room...
Lots of elder people going back to nursing homes most likely....

Hope everything works out... Sucks that yesterday or day before  the FDA released a warning of sorts voicing concerns on reliability of pcr tests. Mainly that they worry the tests aren't catching positives....
What a mess..

scott2000

« Reply #1244 on: January 12, 2021, 09:57:15 PM »

cyrano

« Reply #1245 on: January 13, 2021, 04:22:41 PM »
I wonder why they scale the states differently regarding the excess deaths? Looking quickly, it appears all states have about the same relative spikes but, when you look at the scaling to the left, it changes.....weird

Gosh NYC is a nightmare....ugh

That's quite common in infographics. Another way statistics get misused every day...
Why is it people love to believe and hate to know?

living sounds

« Reply #1246 on: January 19, 2021, 11:12:04 AM »
This looks like another example of excessive and unnecessary use of US police force to me:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/07/us/florida-search-warrant-raid-rebekah-jones-invs/index.html

Are they so fearful and fragile or is it something else?

cyrano

« Reply #1247 on: January 20, 2021, 07:25:10 AM »
Was posted before, I believe. Looks like an internal turf war to me.

What's important, is that she was asked to manipulate Covid numbers. Tells you about the trustworthiness of your government.

It will be hard to prove, but with this kind of retaliation the gov proves they must have a beef with their ex-employee.

The system she allegedly misused, was "protected" by one password for all users. I've also been told the max pw length was 8 characters. There must be a lot of idiots in the group that developed this emergency system...

So they accuse her based on the ip that was used to post?

Another proof of sheer idiocy?
Why is it people love to believe and hate to know?

living sounds

« Reply #1248 on: January 20, 2021, 11:29:08 AM »
Damn, I didn't realize this was old news. Why is it still on CNN's website?

crazydoc

« Reply #1249 on: January 21, 2021, 12:08:34 PM »
Hey, it was a great thanksgiving, and now merry xmas. The new hyper-contagious strain should help things along, and when Biden's being inaugurated we can also celebrate the record covid death rates. Maybe by summertime those of us still alive can rejoice in herd immunity.

I tend to discount the doom and gloom mainstream news and (dark winter) political messaging. I may be wrong, but that wouldn't be the first time.

Good luck and I hope you can imagine a better future.

JR

Well, here is the future.

But I do have hope, now that the vaccine is stumbling out and there is new leadership with at least a partial national mask mandate, that this is the nadir of our pandemic.
Luckily, there is more than one way to skin a cat.
The secret of happiness is having low expectations.

iturnknobs

« Reply #1250 on: January 26, 2021, 11:58:56 AM »
Damn, I didn't realize this was old news. Why is it still on CNN's website?
It is a "revised" topic. New and different charges have been brought against her related to the same incident because it was proving difficult in a court of law to prosecute for the initial charges. If only DeSantis worried about containing covid instead...
Election 2020.  For the people, not the money.

living sounds

« Reply #1251 on: January 26, 2021, 12:53:16 PM »
It is a "revised" topic. New and different charges have been brought against her related to the same incident because it was proving difficult in a court of law to prosecute for the initial charges. If only DeSantis worried about containing covid instead...

Well, that update happened on December 8. So it is still "old news" from the vantage point of January 19.

iturnknobs

« Reply #1252 on: January 27, 2021, 12:31:30 PM »
Well, that update happened on December 8. So it is still "old news" from the vantage point of January 19.
"In a series of tweets Saturday, Jones announced that she would be turning herself in and said that her impending arrest was unrelated to the reasons behind the December raid"...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/01/18/rebekah-jones-arrested-may-banned-computers-internet/4203215001/
...and she was taken into custody while authorities were aware she was infected with Covid-19. These both are new "news" pieces in relation to December 8th... and it should be noted she has been silenced by the state of Florida. Stand tall, Republicans. Silence a "do-gooder" and complain about 1st amendment rights when violent communications are pulled offline. You can't make this sh*t up.
https://floridapolitics.com/archives/395914-saying-goodbye-rebekah-jones-to-turn-self-in-to-avoid-continued-police-violence
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 12:39:17 PM by iturnknobs »

iturnknobs

« Reply #1253 on: January 27, 2021, 02:35:21 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/27/us/oklahoma-hydroxychloroquine-stockpile/index.html

$2,000,000 excess HCQ stockpile. I wonder how THAT happened. The right still stands aside their ignorance proudly.