Strange situation with pictures on my posts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sahib

I had e-mailed to Ethan about this over a month ago but have not heard back and I was wondering if anybody could explain me what the problem could be.

I can not see pictures in my White Market listings and in any of my posts. I can see the pictures in anybody else's posts but not in my posts.

I thought probably my PC started to block them for some reason but I asked a few people and they can not see any pictures in my posts either when they log on from their computers, but they can see them perfectly when they log on from their mobile phones.

Thanks in advance.

C

After the latest major site upgrade a few months back, I noticed that images no longer show up if you try to link them by putting url tags around them.

Thank you.

But how come the pictures show on mobile phones (but not on PCs)?

I can also still see the pictures in other people's posts which I assume were also linked in their message body, unless they all went back a couple of years later and updated all their posts.

I am not particularly good at web related stuff but this must be something to do with how the forum platform  interacts with browsing. Indeed the problem started a few months ago.

I will PM Ethan again as this is particularly a problem for me for my WM listing.

Looks fine to me in two browsers, I don't think it is a problem of the forum. You might be blocking them in your own browser unknowingly.

I see they are linked via HTTP, not secure HTTPS, this could be the reason. Some browsers started blocking non-HTTPS content a while ago I think.

From what I read there is no setting in Chrome to disable this functionality. To see if it solves the problem try Firefox (or Edge/Opera/Safari, but I don't know how they handle this). If that is the case, you need  to switch your server to HTTPS, there is no way around it.

(I would be remiss to not point out that Chrome is basically spyware. If you want to keep using it, I would suggest to switch to ungoogled-chromium, it's based on the same engine with the Google crap removed.)

Cemal, I can see all your pics in the white market, no problem.
(MacOS 10.14.6 / Safari 14.0.1)

Can you see this one?

11_SLOT_01.jpg

[silent:arts] said:
Cemal, I can see all your pics in the white market, no problem.
(MacOS 10.14.6 / Safari 14.0.1)

Can you see this one?

11_SLOT_01.jpg

Hi Volker,

Thank you for checking.

No, I can not see it.

volker said:
From what I read there is no setting in Chrome to disable this functionality. To see if it solves the problem try Firefox (or Edge/Opera/Safari, but I don't know how they handle this). If that is the case, you need  to switch your server to HTTPS, there is no way around it.

(I would be remiss to not point out that Chrome is basically spyware. If you want to keep using it, I would suggest to switch to ungoogled-chromium, it's based on the same engine with the Google crap removed.)

Thank you Volker.  Looks like I'll need to change my browser.

Back