1x Touchscreen for 2x Computer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zayance

GDIY Supporter
White Market Member
Hi Folks,

Anyone have this kind of setup?
If yes what do you use for switching screen but also the Touchscreen ctlr USB.
I tought a KVM would do the trick but doesn't seem to work.
I saw some options for VGA and DVI connection, but maybe someone over here has a working solution in HDMI etc...?

Thanks for the feedback.

Best,

T

EDIT: Seems like DDM KVM's are the way to go 🤔

Last edited:
If you're not doing anything graphically intense, you might be fine with some kind of remote desktop application. When used properly, they work great. I used to code entirely over an X windowing client called eXceed and it worked as well as local. If the touchscreen device is Windows, Remote Desktop works pretty well. Hardware options like HDMI kvm are going to be expensive (but should work).

I have something like that, though my screen is not a touchscreen, I switch a wireless mouse and keyboard along with the screen as I have a PC for internet stuff and an older XP PC for music stuff, that one has never seen the internet.

A cheap KVM would not switch my wireless mouse, whatever I tried with it, then got a (quite expensive) Gefen switch and all was fine. At some point it's wallwart popped with a bang, showing a brown spot in the plastic housing. Replaced it with a Meanwell wallwart and it's still working continuously for over 10 years now.

Just a little update for anyone who could be interested, KVM DDM works fine with Tactile screen, the switching is good, got mine from Connectpro, DVI version that i just convert to HDMI....
Only quacks comes from not having an Edid manager maybe, exemple if one computer is turned off, goig back to the computer that is still on, gets the screen to lose it a little, need a connect/reconnect to get the info back....
I'll try to add a simple edid thingy to see if this solves things out, but all in all, works good, time will tell.

Cheers,

T.

Interesting to note you still maintain an XP system for basic recording PermO ,
Of course on modern hardware XP cant make full use of all the memory or processing power , never the less for basic tasks like recording a few channels of audio I found it better than a modern OS , when mixing down ,yes a modern 64bit OS is way better in terms of processing power for VST's etc
Im going to try and 'Bootcamp' my Mac Pro with XP , Apple makes drivers available for their hardware on Windows as part of the process .

Back