3D "AIR" EQ - "Night EQ" PCB's Complete!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really going to throw a spanner in the works and say "whatever". :green:

Thanks again Colin.

Cheers

Nick

They should be the same as the other single gang + Ident pots (but I'll confirm on Monday)

(1+) £1.43 each
(5+) £1.14 each
(50+) £0.97 each

Prices exclude freight and VAT [if applicable].

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Somehow I had missed this thread for a few days...

Anyhow, I just posted this in blackmarket. But it should be here.

So I've spent a bunch of time on Mouser with the BOM over the last few days and I thought I'd share so A) folks don't have to reinvent the wheel, and B) I can get a critique on some of the part choices I was making.

[REMOVED]

Of note:
1. I haven't placed an order at mouser, just trying to get a good parts list together so that people can use their "project manager' to make ordering a little quicker.
2. When picking resistors I was looking at tolerance first (trying for .1% as possible) and watt rating second. So there's some 1/10th watt resistors in there and I don't know if they are too wimpy for this circuit (I haven't tried to do any math to figure out the current draw). People might be better off with 1% 1/4 watt.
3. I didn't do this for the PSU yet.
4. I suck at figuring out switches. It looks like the part that Peter had listed from Farnell is now discontinued. Does anyone know a replacement?

Hope this helps some folks, and I hope to learn something from any discussion which ensues.

hi jed,

2) i would just use 1% 1/4W resistors and match them with your ohmmeter. why spend the money for expensive 0.1% resistors with only 1/10W ratings?

4) just measure the pitch (space betwen pins) and find the datasheet on the mouser website and pick a good candidate. I'm sure there are several pushbutton switches that will work. if using purusha's case then you'll need toggle switches as the front panel is made for toggle switches. just fly some leads to them.
regards,
grant

Something to be aware of....

If I'm not mistaken (if I am please clear it up) Purusha made his Night Eq racks for the ALPHA pots which have a smaller shaft diameter to the OMEG's which would mean those who have bought racks would have to redrill the mounting holes... a PITA, but may be worth it for better quality pot.

Cheers

Matt

Dear DIYers:

Please don't get scared by the idea to re-drill the pot holes in the fronts :grin:
It's pretty easy! You just need to go step by step by increasing the drill for
0.5mm or even less if you can. Also the front panels maybe won't be needed
re-drilling as they are further away from the pot.

Let me remind you that this is DIY, remember! :green:
So you should have some basic skills to do something like this, right? :razz:

Jed: I saw you have 14 rev log pots mentioned in the parts list for two channels. I think 12 is enough :thumb:

Thanks for that catch, Purusha. I had done a quick little excel formula to get some extra parts...

While we're at this, do you have suggestions for toggle switches that will fit your case?

Thanks, Purusha. I'll just wait until the case arrives to find something that fits.

I've attempted to put together a BOM / Mouser list for Peter's New PSU. Does anybody want to double check that I've got things right?

[REMOVED]

Peter, what's the black box? Voltage adjuster? Do you have something specific that fits that pin spacing?

Also -- will the power transformer I've selected fit the bill?

I've updated this BOM slightly, have a peek here:

http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/index.php?cat=10096

The square box is a bridge rectifier, 1A 400v or greater will do.

See the BOM for some mains transformer examples.

I have also updated the overlay .pdf to show the Bridge.

Peter

Uh, I just realized there's no level-control on this EQ (yes, a bit fast... :oops: ) to compare flat & EQ'd.

Something else, I saw in the pics that Godders linked to
( http://cgi.ebay.com/Nightpro-EQ3-D-...2298929QQihZ004QQcategoryZ23788QQcmdZViewItem )
that this design is patent applied for (the sweetwater info even says patented). Has the patent-# emerged here yet ? Could be an interesting read. And/or any manual-scans that someone knows of ?

Thanks / regards,

Peter

Hey Kev , you were going to post or mention your " air only " variation ?
not sure how different it is , less the parts but , please lay it on us

thanks & regards Greg

Back