3D "AIR" EQ - "Night EQ" PCB's Complete!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the .1uf ceramics, I note that Peter suggests polys could be used. There aren't many ceramics at mouser that fit that spot, so I'm looking at this part:
http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=BQ014D0104J--virtualkey58110000virtualkey581-BQ014D0104J

Would that work?

Heres the data sheet for those.
Read the APPLICATIONS -
The first 2 on the list are SUPPLY DECOUPLING & FILTERING.
These are 2 things were doing here.
IF THE SPACINGS ARE CORRECT - These will work for almost ALL the caps. :thumb:

1uf, .1, .22, .47

http://www.avxcorp.com/docs/Catalogs/bf-bq.pdf

NOTE: These are like the PANASONIC Stacked Metal films I used from DIGIKEY... 50 OR 63V

I'm also a little shaky on the 47uF/25v lytics. I'm looking at this:
http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=EKME250ETC470ME11Dvirtualkey66100000virtualkey661-EKME250ETC470ME1

Thoughts? Additional suggestions?

I would use NICHICON PW or KZ series Or Panasonic FC, FM in those spots... including the 470uf spots

I'd stick with ceramic for the 22p (monolithic ceramic, COG or NPO)
VISHAY make them available @ Mouser. They also have .1's :wink:

Hi
regarding the psu:
or i`m looking at the wrong schm.,or the bom`s you`re showing miss some components,which are:
the two 2k2 resistors at the 317/337 com leg,and two 10uf lytics also at the 317/337 com leg.
these components are needed even if you don`t need the phantom section.
hope i could help.
best regards
pedro

Yeah, I think you could do it a whole bunch of ways. I was just going to drop in 2 two-way blocks and only use 3 of the slots...

In the off chance that I were to ever re-purpose the power supply I figure you could have easier access to the +48 that way.

Apologies for the basic question but can someone confirm that I've marked the correct components to leave out if 48v isn't required? I just want to be sure.

Cheers

Nick

DSC02648.jpg

Thanks Peter, yes I'll make sure the pic stays.

I think there's a minor error on the PSU BOM; it states 3x 2k2 resistors for 48v operation (2 for no 48v). I see only 2x 2k2 anyway (R1 & R5?). :?:

Cheers

Nick

[quote author="khstudio"][quote author="MattiasC"]Is an 18-0-18v toroid acceptable for this or can I get by with a 15-0-15v?[/quote]

I didn't like the 18v. The regs got VERY HOT.
15v works great & for some reason sounded better... less "Stressed" sounding to me. :?[/quote]

just wondering ( cause i bought two 18v transformers ) if that "stress" was on a one channel or dual channel eq? will my eq suffer/not be as good with the 18v? i got the mouser 41FJ300...

stuffing 4 eq boards and 2 pwr supply boards as we speak.

thanks.

[quote author="discobloud"][quote author="khstudio"][quote author="MattiasC"]Is an 18-0-18v toroid acceptable for this or can I get by with a 15-0-15v?[/quote]

I didn't like the 18v. The regs got VERY HOT.
15v works great & for some reason sounded better... less "Stressed" sounding to me. :?[/quote]

just wondering ( cause i bought two 18v transformers ) if that "stress" was on a one channel or dual channel eq? will my eq suffer/not be as good with the 18v? i got the mouser 41FJ300...

stuffing 4 eq boards and 2 pwr supply boards as we speak.

thanks.[/quote]

It was 2 channels.

It may have just been my preference but I built one unit with a 15v & a second with 18v tranny & I didn't like the new one as much... so I hooked it to the 15v tranny & it sounded better to MY ears. I'm not sure if it was regulator "Stress" or not.

It did not such... by NO means. Just use a good HEATSINK!!!

i ALSO USED toroidals... iS THAT WHAT YOU GOT?

oh hey. i'm using these http://www.mouser.com/catalog/631/1717.pdf transformers. as suggested on one of the BOM's floating around. Should I upgrade to the toroid like this one from digikey TE62053-ND ?

also i still can't find the pushbutton switch anywheres... i bought the wrong one... again does anyone have a digi key number that works?

thanks

mark

[quote author="discobloud"]oh hey. i'm using these http://www.mouser.com/catalog/631/1717.pdf transformers. as suggested on one of the BOM's floating around. Should I upgrade to the toroid like this one from digikey TE62053-ND ?

also i still can't find the pushbutton switch anywheres... i bought the wrong one... again does anyone have a digi key number that works?

thanks

mark[/quote]

OK... That tranny will "WORK"

BUT

I would not recommend it :!:

TOROIDALs are designed to be quieter... Less HUMMMMMMMMMM.

I have to comment here & mean NO disrespect.

I understand that some of you are trying to be helpful by making "PART LISTS" but if you're new & don't fully understand what your doing PLEASE Don't post a parts list... it will only further confuse others that don't understand.

Resistors are easy
Caps - IC's - Inductors - Switches - POTs have ALL been discussed in this thread.

digikey TE62053-ND

IS PERFECT :thumb:
This is what I used.

You SHOULD be fine with 15VA or above

hey kevin thanks for the info. didn't mean to 'shine' light on the parts list issue.

i got excited with parts and totally jumped the gun and now have to pay for it... EQ is the project i've been wanting most.

gonna upgrade and go for the toroids!

thanks again.

mark

[quote author="discobloud"]didn't mean to 'shine' light on the parts list issue.
[/quote]

Mark, it was me, not you, being overzealous.

I'm gonna ride the pine until I'll get my skills up. Currently I'm more monkey wrench than useful input.

[quote author="Jed"][quote author="discobloud"]didn't mean to 'shine' light on the parts list issue.
[/quote]

Mark, it was me, not you, being overzealous.

I'm gonna ride the pine until I'll get my skills up. Currently I'm more monkey wrench than useful input.[/quote]

Is OK man... I know you mean well.
I'm just looking out for everyone. :wink:

Latest posts

Back