3D Nite EQ in 500 Format

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little note, all pin headers are 2x6 and not 2x7 as stated in manual.
Changed in the guide. Thanks again. most recent vs. is 2.4.

Additionally - one remark on the silk screen regarding the trim pot range for RV35, 37,39, 41, 43, 45 is wrong. C50K require 1k trimpots, C500K require 10k trimpots. This wrong remark exists until V2.0 of the PCB. An errata is in the building guide.
BOM, guide and all other data has been correct regarding the range all along.

Best regards and enjoy the built,
Michael

Last edited:
Do you have any plans of providing any GERBER files for this "500-Series" project? A "Black & White" combined-layer PDF file is rather difficult to have any PCBs fabricated from.

/
Hmmm, actually that's a good question. At the moment I do still have PCBs, so if your interested just send me a PM.

What happens after that - not sure. Guess it is not common practice to share GERBERs here. But I don't know yet.

Hope that answers your question?

IN ADDITION AND IMPORTANT - these black and white files ARE NOT for self etching, they are for explanatory and information purpose. This is not because I have issues with someone self etch these designs, it is because creepage and clearance distances are not met for self etch designs, as they differ severely.

Best regards, and have a wonderful weekend,
Michael

For those of you who obtained or will obtain Potentiometers/6x2 switches from my side - here are the dimensions:
Bildschirmfoto 2024-10-20 um 14.53.03.png
potentiometers

Bildschirmfoto 2024-10-20 um 14.57.51.png
6x2 switch

Best regards and nice remaining weekend,
Michael

I don¨t think it's unfair to want to at least sell out the boards one's gotten manufactured, after doing all the work of the pcb-layout (and possibly the whole design). Also, do you want 10 pcb's? Or were you planning to etch yourself?

That said, this is such a cheap processor to build that I could easily see myself building more than the two I have in the works. Could be nice with a 8-10 channel rack to run stems out through from the daw. I might use my hardware eq's more this way... (too easy with high quality plugins these days, that I find myself mostly using hardware when in the analog domain and not while working within the daw. I slightly suspect my patchbays flexibility to blame, as I have more than enough AD/DA channels to permanently connect up all my hardware to a dedicated i/o, and together with a complete modular 2-sample latency SSL software mixer... it would be more convenient than having to walk over to the patchbays and "starting up". Excuses excuses...)

I don¨t think it's unfair to want to at least sell out the boards one's gotten manufactured, after doing all the work of the pcb-layout (and possibly the whole design). Also, do you want 10 pcb's? Or were you planning to etch yourself?

The question is okay. No problem with @MidnightArrakis asking. Actually it crossed my mind with two or three projects. This being one of them. The note on self etching was simply as I put online the black/white boards, people may have been mislead that they are for selfechting. Just an information.

That said, this is such a cheap processor to build that I could easily see myself building more than the two I have in the works. Could be nice with a 8-10 channel rack to run stems out through from the daw. I might use my hardware eq's more this way... (too easy with high quality plugins these days, that I find myself mostly using hardware when in the analog domain and not while working within the daw. I slightly suspect my patchbays flexibility to blame, as I have more than enough AD/DA channels to permanently connect up all my hardware to a dedicated i/o, and together with a complete modular 2-sample latency SSL software mixer... it would be more convenient than having to walk over to the patchbays and "starting up". Excuses excuses...)

Ah, sorry to say, that is a really good and interesting idea. I like to dedicate when recording and analog gear helps in this terms, but that is a really good idea itself. I may try once I got up to 4 channels built.
Thanks for sharing! Cool!

Have a great evening!
Michael

Back