Studer 169 EQ in API 500 format

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve tried to go with the knobs I got for a while because the look is such a trivial thing, but they just bother me.
Those of you using the AML pots…
What knobs did you use and where did you get them?
Landed on the DIYRE knobs. Shaft adapters from Don Audio. Thanks for the recommendation Ricardus.

Attachments

• 3D78EF78-6107-4630-AC6F-77F48CA2FD7C.JPG
    3D78EF78-6107-4630-AC6F-77F48CA2FD7C.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 26
I built a pair of these, years back. I was thinking of doing another pair and I see the PCBs are still available. I see much of the documentation is in the last few pages of this thread. Anybody got the front panel designer file for the faceplates? I think that's the only thing I'm not seeing.

I built a pair of these, years back. I was thinking of doing another pair and I see the PCBs are still available. I see much of the documentation is in the last few pages of this thread. Anybody got the front panel designer file for the faceplates? I think that's the only thing I'm not seeing.

If you're buying from Frank at frontpanels.de, he has a front panel you can order straight off his website:

Studer 169 EQ, 27,11 €

I wanted my front panels to be natural/silver rather than black, so I edited the .fpd file to make my own version, attached below. I'm not sure why I ended up without any text for the bypass button. You could edit this file if you like the general look of it. Change the file extension back to .fpd if you want to use it.

IMG_4035.jpg

Attachments

• Studer 169 EQ V2.pdf
    1.6 KB · Views: 14
Thanks! I'm looking forward to this project. I really love the channels that I've already built, and I think it'll be great to have them after a few more preamps in my racks. They're super useful. I did the last pair with 918 DOAs. Not sure exactly what I'll use on these.

It is in the first post of this thread, the google drive links still work.
I tried those but I get the request access page- I've clicked this and hoping the OP still monitors their google account, If you can access could you do us a favour and upload it into the thread? Thanks!

Hi theKman,

here you go!

Attachments

• 169_EQ_500_copper_mirror.pdf
    54.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 169_EQ_500_fp_supporting_hardware.pdf
    9.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 169_EQ_500_front_panel.pdf
    16 KB · Views: 7
  • 169_EQ_500_layout_desingnations.pdf
    12.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 169_EQ_500_layout_values.pdf
    14.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 169_EQ_500_layout_values_trafo.pdf
    14.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 169_EQ_500_schematic.pdf
    31.5 KB · Views: 11
  • EQ_169_STD_frq_selection_hi_filter.pdf
    10.7 KB · Views: 7
  • EQ_169_STD_frq_selection_lo_filter.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 6
What are you using for pots these days?

I have a friend asking me to build a lunch box full of these for him to use as tracking EQs, so need to get 8-units worth.

Gustav

Do you have info on how to add those extra hi and lo eq's with switches? Thanks!!

Sig
There is documentation in this thread about doing it. Frank made me the panels and and then it involves wiring up some caps to some switches, but the cool thing is they added holes on the board for adding the switches.

Latest posts

Back