500 series modular API style console...625CR Control Room Module Done Page 21!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jsteiger said:
I just uploaded the test and measurement results of the 625 module to the FB album. I think they are very respectable and could not be more pleased at this point!
Jeff,

when was your audio precision adjusted last time....?.......hahahahaha......... ;D ;D ;D
Looking awesome,congrats to these results!!!

Best,

Udo ;)

Indecline said:
That's the truth! Dropbox comes in handy for checking mixes on a variety of portable devices
Yes,listening behaviours have become so sick these days.....I´m too old for that.......now back to Jeff´s project ;D

Udo.

I did order another Rev of the right control room PCB last week. I ditched the dual pot for DIM and inserted a 2x6 71 series GH that will have 4 DIM settings. They are -15, -20, -25 and -30. I figure that will be more than enough. Since it was under the knife, I also added series 10R's for each opamps bipolar feed. The current draw for each amp is extremely low but I figured it will not hurt anything and is a solid design practice for something like this.

I am about to call my metal shop to see what parts they have ready. I am hoping for a lot of them. I am pretty stoked to get a good portion of this thing under way.

Ya man!  that is serious. 

Looks like your fader panels are larger than normal 100mm faders on an API. 

Is that to give room for the monitoring and routing functions?

Michael

fazer said:
Ya man!  that is serious. 

Looks like your fader panels are larger than normal 100mm faders on an API. 

Is that to give room for the monitoring and routing functions?

Michael
The channel faders are 1.5" x 7", same as my board and pretty typical. The subgroup panels are also 1.5" x 7". They are wider than my old desk. The old ones are .75". I went with 1.5" because of the transformers and circuity that are below.

Jeff,

You've outdone yourself!!

I think that is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in the last 8 years on this forum! :D

The negative thing is I'm afraid to find out how much a 16x4 or 16x8 mixer is going to set me back...

Back