525 build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff Mr. Reptil.. :thumb:

Now don't let me be the first to the finish line,

525a.jpg

[quote author="capnspoony"]Im chompin at the bit for these kits. I was wondering if anyone else was planning on using Ptowns 990 kits for the DOA's. I checked the 990 threads but it seemed that a lot of people were having a lot of problems getting their DOA's up and running. Now that I have 24 kits-- I'm a little concerned that my skills may not be up to par.

--Richie[/quote]

That was mine plan as well. My 990 kits and 525 kits are all still in their boxes. I don't who'll be 1st to complete theirs but I do know who'll be last. I'm not feeling rushed as I have no space in my lunchbox.

[quote author="kubi"]Looks good, Peter.
What transformers do you use? I just tried some Profiles 4804 I had around, they are too big for the cut outs :sad: As somebody posted before, Cinemags seem to be too big, too. Not many alternatives left :?[/quote]

sowter makes some transformers that would work, but are somewhat costly. i am planning to offer something that will work, and shouldn't break the bank. more details when they are ready; please don't contact me about this, i'm going as fast as i can.

ed

[quote author="gar381"]
Should I asume 4.7k is correct??

Thanks GARY[/quote]

Yep, sorry about that.

Updated bom...
http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/albums/userpics/525bomupdt2.pdf

Also added Ed's transformers and changed value of C4.

peter

[quote author="capnspoony"]I'll catch up to you as soon as I get em' :green:

--Richie[/quote]

Good luck with that Richie..!!

i am planning to offer something that will work, and shouldn't break the bank. more details when they are ready; please don't contact me about this, i'm going as fast as i can.

I'd be interested in this... mostly because the sowter option will cost me 1200 when all said and done.

3 down... 21 to go. I envy you not. Shocked

I already got it down to a half hour per DOA -- tested and workin'

--Richie

How come capnspoony and greg are never seen in the same place?
I have discovered
greg sans glasses = capn spoon

to carspoony:

have you considered an edcor WSM series for the sidechain? it will fit the board but DC could be a problem...I think 150 to 600 will be our guy and that is what I plan to use there

anybody think this won't work?

have you considered an edcor WSM series for the sidechain? it will fit the board but DC could be a problem...I think 150 to 600 will be our guy and that is what I plan to use there

anybody think this won't work?

I'll wait for others to chime in on this one. If the footprint is the same size -- we should be ok right? I'm also curious to see what Edanderson comes up with.

--Richie

[quote author="shabtek"]to carspoony:

anybody think this won't work?[/quote]

the wsm series is the right size, if you take off the channel frame mount. probably easier to order it without, since 150:600 ohms isn't a regular order item. while you're at it, ask for leads instead of the quick connect terminals, which might stick up a bit high otherwise.

or...

525trafo.jpg

some samples came in today, along with my PCBs from peter. so far so good... i've sent a pair off for pp approval, though they test well enough on the bench i don't think it'll be a problem. pretty darn close to the originals.

lead wire and tape wrapper colors subject to change.

price and estimated availability when i have them.

ed

Latest posts

Back