6N1P Bass DI - Revisited

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XL= 10/0.00135=7407 ohms at 20 hz and 10 v

7407/6.28=1180

1180/20= 60 Henries

Z ratio is 2200/200 = 11:1

Voltage Ratio = root 11 = 3.3:1

should work ,

what are the dimensions of the core?
About 72mm x 64mm and 28mm stack height.

Yes on the caps and you can disconnect the pot on the output if you have one, and do away with the two 330 resistors.

Murdock that core is bigger than the one I use so you should be all set. If you want more bass you could crack the I bars off and remove the paper gap but you have to clean the surfaces before reassembly otherwise you end up worse off than if you left it alone.

Yes on the caps and you can disconnect the pot on the output if you have one, and do away with the two 330 resistors.

Murdock that core is bigger than the one I use so you should be all set. If you want more bass you could crack the I bars off and remove the paper gap but you have to clean the surfaces before reassembly otherwise you end up worse off than if you left it alone.
What are the chances of disassembling Cinemag OT lams varnished after the core was stacked? I have one with 50Ni/50Fe lams having shorted primary, the other has butt stacked iron core with the same windings but i prefer 50Ni sound for this project.
Yes, i connected it between anode and ground, protecting psu and fuse :)

Last edited:
Depends on the varnish, might be air dry epoxy which would be tough.

Steel is a lot more tolerant of a little bending, nickel not so much. 50/50 you might have a shot, the first few lams are tough but once you get room for a knife,it gets pretty easy if you keep it hot.

50/50 lams are usually 0.014" thick which is tougher than power XFMR 0.019" non grain lams.

Hello, very nice project.
I would like to buy an xfmr from CJ for this built.
As new members to this forum it seems I can't contact him.
CJ, if you read me maybe you can contact me. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back