8 Channel 4 band EQ unit in 2U?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencerleehorton

Hi Guys,

wanting to finish my studio off with an 8 channel EQ with either 4 band or 3 band with HPF to go along side some API-312 mic preamps.
Wondered whether there would be something nice that i could make into a nice 2U unit?
All suggestions welcome (if a Neve variant EQ could be done i would be well happy!!!)

regards

Spence.

I'd be interested in something like this too. I was actually googling the other day for a 4 or 8 channel parametric EQ, but didn't come up with much.

Spence

Any reason it needs to be 2u?

There has been quite a lot of demand for S800 pcbs and I was thinking of re-doing the pcb to fit into a 3u box, maybe with dual concentric pots. My idea is to do a 500 series board but also make it flexible enough to fit a non-500 rack as well.

It would be really difficult to do in 2u though....

Peter

Hi peter,
I just suggested 2u as I hadn't seen it done before, it would be very difficult but would be great if it was possible as I am lacking space in my mixing room and wanting to keep things as small as possible.
I would be interested in seeing the 3u your mentioning and seeing somehow if this could be adapted to 2u.
Dual concentric pots and just have treble, middle and bass, and have selectable HPF.
For most of my recording I don't use much eq, but would be nice to have one unit to patch in whatever I need and 8 channel would be great, could always build another then I would have all of my channels covered.
I have a  GS3000 Allen and Heath 32 channel and I wanting to sell so I can just use all my mic pre amps and patch everything on the patch bay.
Let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Regards

Spence.

I think it would be very difficult if not impossible to fit 8 channels of 3 band EQ in a 2U case...perhaps a HPF/LPF and a fixed-frequency mid boost/cut?

Latest posts

Back