Ages??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
45 , and on the second adulthood
people might also mention what they for a living ,
I'm a casual / freelance engineer / recordist or tech
Music on good days , Public radio , sports T.V. for the money
and many little things to fill in the gaps

[quote author="bernbrue"]43, pupils in my school sometimes ask me: Are you teacher here??? :grin:
regards
Bernd[/quote]

maybe they think you should already be retired :green:

57 over here in tha swamp.

Self un-employed EE doing industrial control systems.

Whatdaya mean "Second Childhood", I ain't done with the first one yet!

Peace - Out, Irv

I turned 60 in early January. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do when I grow up.

I was recently told by a trusted friend who can "see" these sort of things that I still have a long life ahead. Certainly there was longevity in the family tree statistics, including a centenarian great-grandmother, until my father somewhat spoiled it leaving at 77 after a prolonged and painful neuropathy---but he basically ODed on the morphine, the same day the drip system was installed, despite the nervous physician claiming advanced cardiovascular disease, and probably wishing he'd followed his parents' wishes and become a realtor or attorney.

The mater goes on in pretty good physical shape as she approaches 88, although dementia is coming on precipitously. No signs of that here (excuse me if I told you this before :razz: ).

I've been a consultant specializing in audio since mid-94. Before that, four years employed at various Harman companies, five at a family-owned audio-video switching system business, and seventeen years doing scientific instrumentation for astronomy at UCLA.

Currently 29. I may ride this birthday for a few years though. :grin:

Day job(s): I've done political campaigns and marketing / communications for years. BUT, next week I start as a project manager for renewable energy projects (biomass, geothermal, and micro-hydro). I'm super excited!

Howdy, gents.

I am 24... 25 in a month from today.

I used to work in a controls engineering group as a noise/vibration test engineer (we made test systems for car parts) and currently work for Bruel and Kjaer doing customer support.

:sam:

-Tony

24, 25 next month...

And I am just about to move from Halifax to Calgary to take my first mechanical engineering job, I've delayed this long enough...

Looks like there is quite the early 40's skew here. Kind of a "shoulder" age- not "sore shoulders" but between boomers and gen x.

and although I do not work in the profession, I just love industrial controls!

Mike
PS: spewing carbon since 1964

I am 42. Half of my life grew under communism. Used to work in radar technology. My job is live sound, mostly stage monitor engeenering (keyboard player for every band on the stage). Make hardcases too and work for recording studios - install - repair. Fan of good music. I like eat.
Milos

Back