Ages??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 24. Still broadcast engineering. May try to move more towards the recording side of things. I'll see how it goes.

OK, I posted my age only before the question of what is your occupation.
For half the year (spring and summer) I'm a sound designer for a large theatre, this involves studio recording work, creating sound effects, music composition and performance and programming shows....generally working with a lot of very friendly and talented people.
Then for the other half of the year from autumn through winter I'm a luthier.
I work all by myself in my shop building guitars and doing repairs.
I've been at this schedule now for 16 years and I love it! :grin:
Just when I start to get a little bored with one job it's over and I start on the other :green:
Freddy

[quote author="amorris"]

I have concert T-shirts older than that!

I wish I was kidding.[/quote]

ditto

tshirt.jpg

PS - farewell tour ?!?

I've DATED girls who have been younger than the tour T-shirt which I've worn to the date... :shock:

I'm 43, ('one hundred and one' of you ask my 4-year old son) which is about 75 in tech-years...

Keef

[quote author="SSLtech"]I've DATED girls who have been younger than the tour T-shirt which I've worn to the date... :shock:[/quote]

PIMP!! :green:

your 6-string acoustic is beautiful.

Thanks Tom!
You know, I just realized the other day when I was recording some bits and stingers of music for a play how much of the signal chain was DIY.
here is the entire signal path:
- I wrote and performed the music (all guitar)
- I made the acoustic and electric guitars that I played
- Miked with G7s
- API type and NewYorkDave 2 bottle mic pre
- La2a comp
- on the pine floor that I just installed
I know it sounds like bragging, but really, nobody outside this forum knows this...it's just that I got immense satisfaction from it all and I knew you guys would undersatnd :green:
Freddy

[quote author="SSLtech"]I've DATED girls who have been younger than the tour T-shirt which I've worn to the date... :shock:
[/quote]

Keef, I've told you before, you need to stop wearing that Rolling Stones 1997 tour t-shirt. :razz:

Geez i'm turning 28 late this year :shock:

i didn't realize it...i still remember high shool things...like i was 18 years.

[quote author="Greg"]Glad to see lots of controls guys around...

I've got my face stuffed in ControlLogix right now. I'm converting a PLC-5/80 that was running out of memory. Similar to others, I also use WonderWare and am very familiar with the Honeywell TDC3000 (made before I even existed). Most of work is for food and beverage companies.

Another guy here at the office does most of the SCADA pack work.

I like this job because things are always changing... new tasks... new jobs... always learning new things. I get to go to various plants and factories and get my hands dirty as well.

Yeeeaah! :guinness:[/quote]

I've worked with and on the TDC2000, TDC3000, & Experion stuff. I'm doing lots of work on AB stuff as well.

The TDC2000 was seriously before our time Greg!

Geez ...

I am surprised to see all of the industrial controls & SCADA guys that are here. I've just turned 55. I've mostly written software for the last 30 years, some of that for what is now the Allen Bradley software group (ICOM Corp) in frozen Wisconsin. Now days I write software for Cinema players & processors in sunny southern California. I like that better! :)

[quote author="3nity"]Geez i'm turning 28 late this year :shock:

i didn't realize it...i still remember high shool things...like i was 18 years.[/quote]

dont worry, that never goes!! my wife quite often has to remind me that i'm 41 not 18, especially after i come in at 4 in the morning :oops:

Iain

I'm 25...

I'm working as a studio owner/ technician/ maintenance guy/ coffie maker a little bit of everything..

:wink:

funny, i was thinking about starting this thread a few weeks ago,
im , 22, large commercial studio assistant, manage a small commercial studio, in house techie to both

Back