Ages??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In June I will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of my 21st birthday... Mix engineer...

This is good stuff. I feel like I'm getting to know some of you a bit more... nice.

I'm a full-time producer and engineer for the last 11 years, much to my wife's dismay early on. She likes it now though -- she gets to be a full-time momma to our three boys, twin 6-yr-olds and a 4-yr-old.

Peace to all,

JC

i´m 32.
studied double-bass and attended a three-year course for electronic music composition where all the craziness started.
made music and recorded/live-mixed others and worked in some of vienna´s theaters.
right know i´m working self-employed on eqs&mics&pres and i´m doing repairs mostly locally. it´s fun to build stuff.

-max

[quote author="RogerFoote"]56 and rockin even harder!

Irv, that's what we do, industrial controls.

Roger[/quote]

Way cool Roger, nice to there are others out there!!
:guinness: :guinness: To those of us that are required to re-write at least one law of physics per day for the Mechanical set.

Peace - Irv

[quote author="Greg"]I do industrial controls as well... Allen Bradley most of the time. Been working here since I was 20.[/quote]

Small world. :guinness: :guinness: For you too Greg!

Peace - Irv

ps Doing a job now with Control-Logix and Kinetix-6000 servo controls.

I'm 33

Industrial process control & Instrumentation technician.

Currently called the SCADA pimp by the guys.

Working with AB, Siemens, WounderW, ifIx and others here.. Got a 125-200M project coming with I think more GE Fanuc Intellution.

Last 7 years between 2 Paper mills working on god knows almost everything in controls known to man. Even seen a 50MW generator overheat and thermally seize up at the last job before this one. Mostly Honeywell,Baily, and Delta V DCS stuff a little TI/Siemens & AB PLC junk for you control guru's since there is a few of us.

[quote author="kazper"] Even seen a 50MW generator overheat and thermally seize up... [/quote]

Was it Admiral Nimitz who said "A collision at sea can ruin your whole day?"

I see now that it actually goes back to Thucidydes.

About 20 in my head... And 40 next month on papers...

Live shows technician...
Studio owner and technician (I hate engineer label, I've never been in school enough to be an engineer... )...
Happy DIYer !!!

40 here.
Mental age somewhere between 15 and 40, depending on the situation :wink:

Works as a consultant in ventilation, heating etc.
Kinda hobby recordist. Been in bands and recording for all of my life. Never had any great ambition, though...

[quote author="jensenmann"][quote author="radiance"]6 more hours and I'm 36....[/quote]
happy birthday
:guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

39 years already over[/quote]

:guinness: :guinness: So your's is on the 5th of march then right?
My brother's birthday is on the 5th of march as well....

Glad to see lots of controls guys around...

I've got my face stuffed in ControlLogix right now. I'm converting a PLC-5/80 that was running out of memory. Similar to others, I also use WonderWare and am very familiar with the Honeywell TDC3000 (made before I even existed). Most of work is for food and beverage companies.

Another guy here at the office does most of the SCADA pack work.

I like this job because things are always changing... new tasks... new jobs... always learning new things. I get to go to various plants and factories and get my hands dirty as well.

Yeeeaah! :guinness:

Worked / researched / taught at a uni until last year when I lost the plot completely one day and quit. Am now juggling the studio, a fledgling label and a little repair / bespoke workshop. Am much happier, and considerably poorer.

All good!

Latest posts

Back