annoying HUM/noise at my stereo PULTEC eq

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nik,
Ok so I am hearing that you only connect the Input XLR ground to the AC ground and chassis.

Then where does the output XLR ground go???
does it just float? Why?

Can someone make some sense of this please.

Also how are Torroidal transformers different then standard Package types?

Thanks Nik

-ChuckD

Ok, I'm pulling my hair out here. After getting the power supply overheat fixed. I'm using two of the te62092-nd to power both boards, I just split the 220 and the 12v before both boards. Now I can get an excellant noise floor if only one board is grounded. I can use a number of the differerent ground schemes to accomplish this. But as soon as I try to connect the second board, or the other side to ground in any way, the noise floor shoots up.

So in the *US* has anyone got a stereo pultec working with two boards in one chassis and a noise floor anywhere below -66db?

Well, after many many moons and thanks to help from gyraf and a hint from the neato picture from last week, I tried to use two heater transformers instead of just one and walla. no teater todder on the noise floor. So for those that go to build in US with the 620xx's you'll need 3. (I used a radio shack one for my 3rd one just because I had a couple extra from when I was trying to figure out how to get the darn thing from over heating.)

And the beutyfull picture..
pultec-works.png

Latest posts

Back