Any good cheap K47-type capsules? (Comparable to 797 / Takstar K67s)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul W

I gather from kingkorg's posts that there are good cheap (US $30-40) K67/K87-type capsules from Beijing 797 Audio and Takstar/Desheng.

Are there similarly good and cheap K47s from anywhere?

(I already have an Arienne Flat 47, but am looking for something cheaper but still pretty good to put in some MXL mics with their usual Schoeps circuits, ideally something with a FR closer to a normal not-flat 47.)

I'm not saying they don't exist, but it seems all the OEM k47 have wrong blueprints. They are copying from each other, constantly reproducing capsules with wrong dimensions that suffer from way too large 5k peak which make them too sibilant. In a diferent way than a bad k67 tho.

It can be adressed with an EQ, they still are k47, and off axis will be typical of a k47. Even some original M7 have this issue.

Those relatively new cheapie M7 found on Ali have the same issue. Microphone Parts K47 as well.

It seems much easier to get a good k67 for cheap.

No reason to believe these JLI are any different. They are also OEM, Takstar doesn't make k47 as far as i know.

3u Audio, and Arienne Audio seem to be the only ones who know what they are doing, in that price range.

Latest posts

Back