Anyone heard from PRR lately?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a ban on political conversations?  I was at a dinner party recently and that was required by the host, no politics at the table, I think much to the relief of everyone there...

Seeker said:
How about a ban on political conversations?  I was at a dinner party recently and that was required by the host, no politics at the table, I think much to the relief of everyone there...
You probably know the old joke about politics, football and sex. Up with the Reds...

Define politics....a real Rashomon situation. 

Don’t talk about anything important?  Yeah, for some that’s the definition. 

scott2000 said:
I scrambled through the television channels tonight in preparation for a visit from a stranger.... The weather channel seemed the best choice apart from leaving it off ..lol

I would consider it kind of rude if someone left the TV on in this situation...

living sounds said:
I would consider it kind of rude if someone left the TV on in this situation...
Good to know...
It actually makes me feel more inclusive and relaxed when people seem to be in regular life mode when I visit.... 

So maybe turning the Breweryvision off is not a far fetched  idea after all..?

or...perhaps leave it off screen if not logged in  like the Tech docs

Don’t talk about anything important?  Yeah, for some that’s the definition.
I just don't want to see any brain drain.  A 'golden rule' prerequisite to using the soapbox would be nice.

If PRR is spending time over at DIYAudio, then good for him. The main concern is that he's well.

Hi folks, I haven't posted much here, and it's probably been a few years since I last logged in here. I'm still active on diyaudio, and someone over there is asking about PRR, saying he last posted there March of this year. Nothing else known so far.

Hi folks, I haven't posted much here, and it's probably been a few years since I last logged in here. I'm still active on diyaudio, and someone over there is asking about PRR, saying he last posted there March of this year. Nothing else known so far.
He hasn't been online here since 2020...
===
He retired to Maine, I hope he is well, I haven't heard from him for years.

JR

A very quick glance at the diystompboxes.com forum shows he was last active on that forum earlier this afternoon. In case anyone was concerned.

He is also active in Hoffman Amplifiers Forum where he is a moderator.
He just got fed up with how things were around here.
I can’t blame him, best days of this forum are long gone

And the electronics god lives on. Hope your doing well in Maine PRR. I check in at DIYforum. Sometimes just to read your post.

He has so many memorable posts.
I think one day I will do a “Greatest Hits” compilation of his best post around here.

When he left a big part of groupdiy died.
The help in the LAB section has been very poor ever since

He is also active in Hoffman Amplifiers Forum where he is a moderator.
He just got fed up with how things were around here.
When I joined this group, PRR acted sometimes as a moderator, but he never accepted the responsibility officially.
I respect him enormously on a technical level, and regret the loss, but instead of trying to fix whatever he thought was to be fixed with this group, he chose to out.
And remember, not everybofy liked the way he could be curt.

A very quick glance at the diystompboxes.com forum shows he was last active on that forum earlier this afternoon. In case anyone was concerned.
Well, I tried to register there. I couldn't pass the tests that ask:
I submitted tiny, diy and 2, but it doesn't work
I also tried the url, it's 404
This site seems to be for superiorly smart people capable of defying the Sphinx's riddles.

I wouldn’t say the best days of the forum are gone.
Ebb and flow, if you ask me….

No day on the forum is a bad day. Some are better then others.
I disagree, the forum is a great thing and I've been here since 2008; yikes that's 15 years, but things are very different today in Groupbuilder's "platinum package" era than back in the first decade of the 00's. I still like the forum and I am active in it, but the golden days are gone.

Also, I've been disconnected from the studio world for some years now, but before I got out, I remember that the younger generations were less and less interested on hardware, so there is that.

Last edited:
Well, I tried to register there. I couldn't pass the tests that ask:
I submitted tiny, diy and 2, but it doesn't work
I also tried the url, it's 404
This site seems to be for superiorly smart people capable of defying the Sphinx's riddles.
yup thats a tough forum to join... 🤔

I bet some of the mind readers here could "guess" the words from those broken URLs

JR

I disagree, the forum is a great thing and I've been here since 2008; yikes that's 15 years, but things are very different today in Groupbuilder's "platinum package" era than back in the first decade of the 00's. I still like the forum and I am active in it, but the golden days are gone.

Also, I've been disconnected from the studio world for some years now, but before I got out, I remember that the younger generations were less and less interested on hardware, so there is that.
I disagree that they are gone. It’s different for sure but then again so is everything else in life. This place is what we make of it with or without some folks. There are plenty of people still here who are as smart or dare I say smarter then the ones who chose to leave. We can make this whatever we want. We are also a valuable resource.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back