Anyone heard from PRR lately?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be showing my age, but recall viri being embedded in some CD recordings years ago...

Playing a malicious CD on a computer would infect the computer.

JR
Yes, the good old Autorun virus. Sadly, my laptop does not even have a CD-ROM in it.

I believe that came from AOL
That too... but I recall issues with pre recorded music CDs

WWW said:
A scandal erupted in 2005 regarding Sony BMG's implementation of copy protectionmeasures on about 22 million CDs. When inserted into a computer, the CDs installedone of two pieces of software that provided a form of digital rights management (DRM) by modifying the operating system to interfere with CD copying. Neither program could easily be uninstalled, and they created vulnerabilities that were exploited by unrelated malware. One of the programs would install and "phone home" with reports on the user's private listening habits, even if the user refused its end-user license agreement(EULA), while the other was not mentioned in the EULA at all. Both programs contained code from several pieces of copylefted free software in an apparent infringement of copyright, and configured the operating system to hide the software's existence, leading to both programs being classified as rootkits.

JR

Here we go again.

I asked before and I'll ask again. Where are the examples of such spreading of "bad vibes" to the tech areas? I don't see it happening.

Disagree. Adults can and should be capable of disagreeing on various topics while cordially sharing in discussions on mutual hobbies and interests. That's what I see happening.

But you did bring it up again.

If there was no Brewery, where would we discuss things like PRR, NYDave, jokes, music, and the rest? If you don't like it, don't read it. If you disagree with what someone posted and don't want to argue, just ignore what they've written. It really isn't that difficult.
It is a common trend these days that, when people find something discomforting, they want to cancel it instead of simply ignoring it. They want to kill the pigeon instead of just opening the windows to let it fly out of the house.

Also, I disagree with the "bad vibes" being transmitted to the other forums, for instance, cyrano and I keep arguing here all the time, but we don't mess with each other outside and we leave that stuff in the Brewery. "What happens in Cancun stays in Cancun" or its American counterpart: "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas".

Last edited:
It is a common trend these days that, when people find something discomforting, they want to cancel it instead of simply ignoring it. They want to kill the pigeon instead of just opening the windows to let it fly out of the house.

Also, I disagree with the "bad vibes" being transmitted to the other forums, for instance, cyrano and I keep arguing here all the time, but we don't mess with each other outside and we leave that stuff in the Brewery. "What happens in Cancun stays in Cancun" or its American counterpart: "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas".
so let it go....?

JR

Back