Anyone interested to build a TG1 clone ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author="soundguy"]leigh, the scehm posted wasnt complete.

dave[/quote]

s'ok, I just wanted a look at the diode heart of the thing...

cheers,
leigh

Does that mean a possible reason the TG sounds dirtier is because of the transconductance in the diff.pair causing slightly asymmetrical gain change = distortion?

that and when the transconductance is asymetrical, it forms dc unbalance on the xfmrs.

hello,
has somebody finished this project?
I'm searching for pcb...
Could you help me, please?

[quote author="warpboy"]I'm searching for pcb...
Could you help me, please?[/quote]
To the best of my knowlege, only three commercial manufacturers and no DIYers have made a PCB for the TG12413, and they aren't for sale. Certainly you won't find one around here, although I'd love to be proven wrong.

Also, this particular limiter is not simple enough that you can just buy a PCB, stuff it, and expect the thing to work correctly. Several components are suspect to high tolerance and/or matching, there are a number of apply-on-test (AOT) resistors, and the calibration procedure detailed in an EMI service manual is not quick.

[quote author="Family Hoof"]... the calibration procedure detailed in an EMI service manual is not quick.[/quote]

just wondering - do you have a service manual for this ? :roll:

[quote author="[silent:arts]"]just wondering - do you have a service manual for this ? :roll:[/quote]
I don't own a copy but have studied it in the past. If you're asking for scans, I can't help you. Sorry.

Just my $0.02...
I don't think it is good idea to clone something by schemo with a lot of missing info.
However, Chandler is a bit different....
Can't say it done best way, seems very cheap ripoff.

Igor said:
However, Chandler is a bit different....
yes ;D ;D ;D
Igor said:
Excellent work inside, BTW.
are you sure ??? :eek: :eek: :eek:
ChandlerTG1_035.jpg

I'd say...hmmmm....Beavis.....Why do you laugh when I said butkiss :)

I think some of the earlier units were a bit dodgy in the wiring department.  The Chandler units I've opened up around here have all been nothing short of inspiring.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/MikoKensington/Germ4.jpg

Wow, that's some impressive wiring.

How do they get twisted pairs of wire to turn at a perfect right angle?

MikoKensington said:
I think some of the earlier units were a bit dodgy in the wiring department.  The Chandler units I've opened up around here have all been nothing short of inspiring.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/MikoKensington/Germ4.jpg

Miko,

That is so weird... The Germ Pre I had to repair for a client had a cheap Alpha switch in it, much like others have shared with some of the other Chandler boxes... I actually got bummed when I read in the manual they use the 'highest quality' ELMA and all I saw was a $5 Alpha... Man I wonder how their QC differs so much from unit to unit...

Cheers

Matt

matta said:
Miko,

That is so weird... The Germ Pre I had to repair for a client had a cheap Alpha switch in it, much like others have shared with some of the other Chandler boxes... I actually got bummed when I read int he manual they sue the highest quality ELMA and all i saw was a $5 Alpha...

Man I wonder how their QC differs so much from unit to unit...

Cheers

Matt

Well, these are from the first 150 units, sooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back