APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Here are some pictures of process:

Wooden boxes painted with one layer
IMG_1227-vi.jpg

Body tubes are done:

IMG_1232-vi.jpg

Assembled mic:

IMG_1235-vi.jpg

IMG_1240-vi.jpg

IMG_1242-vi.jpg

Tomorrow all parts are going to glassblasting factory and then to galvanizing factory :)

Here is a short painting video :)

http://youtu.be/AiQrLzihBio

Updates soon.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Incredible work Andrew !  8)

Please, make also a short body version that would fit Dany (poctop) D-47FET pcb's !

At least, please consider doing it.  ;)

Cheers,
Stéphane.

Hi all,

Very sorry for slowing down - glassblasting factory had issues with their machinery so I had to find other. The day after tomorrow (saturday) I am going to other town to make glassbalsting.  After that will post some pictures.

Also I've made some minor changes in construction which will help to avoid week thread on aluminium body tube.  I've made it because I have had some requests from other people who have bought body kits from other manufacturers to strengthen this particular part. So now you will not have to worry over tightening the small thread. This M3 rivet nut is very small and will not make any visual or functional issues:

IMG_1252-vi.jpg

IMG_1253-vi.jpg

and yes...boxes...most of them are painted and ready to be lined with velvet (sorry for poor quality pictures. Boxes may seem black, but actually are dark cherry/wenge):

IMG_1251-vi.jpg

IMG_1247-vi.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Brilliant! My equinox body has this exact issues, loose screw on the headbasket. well done!!!

You can always drill bigger hole, and place in there rivet nut...and your problems are gone :) But you must notice that the capsule disc then also must be changed a little bit :) otherwise you won't be able to slide the tube on construction :)

Kind regards,
Andrew

Steph.B said:
Incredible work Andrew !  8)

Please, make also a short body version that would fit Dany (poctop) D-47FET pcb's !

At least, please consider doing it.  ;)

Cheers,
Stéphane.

Sure I will :)

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

So here are results from glass blasting factory. In my opinion results are very good.

IMG_3146-vi.jpg

IMG_3151-vi.jpg

IMG_3152-vi.jpg

IMG_3153-vi.jpg

short video clip of bead blasting
http://youtu.be/WncTOCnk_PY

Kind regards,
Andrew

Maybe it's just the photo quality, but the finish looks a bit rough. Is it smoother in person than in the photos?

Its a bit rough because before anodising it is cleaned with acid chemicals, so everything becomes even.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Latest posts

Back