APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't need a mic body right now.. but your work looks fantastic. I live just round the corner where neumann get's their mic bodies galvanized, if it helps you, I can pass by and ask them what process the do on them

courage, Nicholas

Would be great :)
I do believe Neumann nickel plates their brass bodies, however there might be other technology :)

Kind regards,
Andrew

Can you post specific details about the insert and connector?  Where are you sourcing those?

Can't wait to get mine!  Please say more runs are planned!

Hello,

If there going to be a second run and short body style,  I would like one or two of both.

DJN

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your patience. All nickel plated and anodised parts are returning from factory in upcoming week. Now you have to make two more steps about logo plates on wooden box:

Step 1: Choose Gold or silver color metalised  plates
Step 2.: Send me your own logo or font for your custom plate

By default I will be making gold ones. I will not glue them on boxes in case you want it. I'll just put them inside.

I will write on plates:

"For Name surname

[size=10pt] Made by Andriejus Aputis"[/size]

PLease send me your all requests to my e-mail ([email protected])

IMG_3473-vi.jpg

IMG_3480-vi.jpg

IMG_3481-vi.jpg

IMG_3485-vi.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Very nice touch!!

Looking forward to seeing these! Email sent with my logo attached..

Eric

Good news. Connectors are done and I should receive them in a few days.

1-vi.jpg

3-vi.jpg

4-vi.jpg

5-vi.jpg

Still waiting for the rest logo requests.

Kind regards,
Andrew

The connectors look great.

Did you engineer them or are they some particular product you selected as a favorite? The large format screw on connector was one of the primary things that appealed to me when your first announced your project.

Its a particular product made buy other supplier. I was looking for something big  :D so this was the only choice. In my opinion black Binder connector visually do not perfect fit overall view...However its a matter of taste  :p

I'll try to beadblast some of the connectors. They should better look in bodies with beadblasted matte  headbaskets.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

Sorry for not posting there - was working hard with boxes. Yesterday I have received connectors from a supplier.
in the middle of upcoming week I'll receive nickel plated headbaskets and start packing. :)

IMG_1294-vi.jpg

IMG_1296-vi.jpg

Your mic body will be soon at your home!

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi,

However connectors will be polished nickel. Tried to beadblast one and result where not good - bead blasting removed some nickel from a surface...:)

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andriejus said:
Hi,

However connectors will be polished nickel. Tried to beadblast one and result where not good - bead blasting removed some nickel from a surface...:)

Kind regards,
Andrew

Yep that layer of nickel is pretty thin something like 0.0005"
just a magic Dab ,
Best,
Dan,

Latest posts

Back