APX500 Flex

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s pricey from the get go and the part of an AP worth paying for is a dedicated measurement front end.If your going to use a sound card why buy pricey software when free or cheap software is available?
All true. For 3.3k starting price could have a dscope. But it does beat the 10k starting price of an ap515 hardware platform

It’s pricey from the get go and the part of an AP worth paying for is a dedicated measurement front end.If your going to use a sound card why buy pricey software when free or cheap software is available?
Honestly, I used the AP software for a year or so around 2019. Its what made me realize how short most of these cheap and or free measurement softwares fall, and started my continuing search for a modern test measurement app or software. Even the Dscope stuff feels really outdated in comparison from the demo I received of it. Its very powerful and intuitive, as well as pleasing to look at. Most importantly to me, it feels like I am using a modern software, not something that could be viewed on MS-DOS. If they brought the price down to $1500-$2000 for just the software, even with a striped down capability it would be a no brainer for me. Pair it with an RME in two payments and have a super powerful tool for everyday measurments. Anything above that and Id just buy an A2 or Portable One.

Hi Paul
The ATS2 is a good test instrument, limited bandwidth 50k, and the software is free.

You can buy a used Audio Precision System One for $2.5k, System Two for $4K, Cascade System Two for $5-6K. They run by the ApWin 2.24 software and it’s free. I sell and service them.

[email protected]

http://www.sound-logic-la.com

LinkedIn, Classic AP Audio Systems Group LA:

Last time I checked it was 3000 USD.... For that money I prefer an AP-Sys1 from Duke. I bought one from him around 5 years ago. Solid.
Very nice. I have an apx 515. I got mine as a gift. I find it easier to program then a Sys1 as far as making a test sequence that you can load and reuse for gear.

I have bought various units over time, like an Audio Precision AP1, which is fine for any audio testing, for as low as $800, to an AP2 for $2800. They mostly don't have the interface cards, but you can buy one from www.S1USB.com. His USB interface has a driver that you overwrite the one after loading the AP software, and then it can run on WIN XP thru WIN 10

Latest posts

Back