Auratone DIY

Help Support GroupDIY:

wjmwpg

TomS said:
Here it is finished!
Very cool. Got my drivers and MDF yesterday so will be building over the weekend. I’m a bit concerned about sanding the sharp edges of the MDF as I’ve never sanded MDF before. Otherwise feeling confident and excited. (I’m thinking maybe glossy pink paint as a finishing touch.)

TomS

wjmwpg said:
Very cool. Got my drivers and MDF yesterday so will be building over the weekend. I’m a bit concerned about sanding the sharp edges of the MDF as I’ve never sanded MDF before. Otherwise feeling confident and excited. (I’m thinking maybe glossy pink paint as a finishing touch.)

The sanding wasn't that hard at all, I just eyeballed it. Good luck, would love to see your result too! Glossy pink sounds sick haha!

wjmwpg

TomS said:
The sanding wasn't that hard at all, I just eyeballed it. Good luck, would love to see your result too! Glossy pink sounds sick haha!
I finished them last night! My amp is arriving today so I have yet to test them, but I think the build went well. Sadly I opted for white because I already had a can of white cabinet (melamine) paint in the closet. (With COVID surging where I am I decided not to risk an unnecessary trip to the store just for pink paint.) Anyhoo, here are some pics. I’ll post another update once I actually get to hear them.

Attachments

• C62EE5DD-3F4A-4704-B7EA-7AAC686B9931.jpeg
    C62EE5DD-3F4A-4704-B7EA-7AAC686B9931.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40

wjmwpg

Set up, hooked up and being used. Couldn’t be happier with it. Big thanks to TomS for posting his build plans and locating this Monacor SP4/60Pro driver.

It integrates so well with my FPX7+sub setup. When I flip back and forth between the two it’s uncanny how the centre mids don’t change. The stereo collapses, the top and bottom end recede, but there’s no discernible difference in the mids at all. It does exactly what I wanted it to do.

I’ll build a better stand option when the outside is warm and less COVIDy, but here it is now in my setup.

Attachments

• 7F2E2657-5944-415F-985B-802CD068C6BB.jpeg
    7F2E2657-5944-415F-985B-802CD068C6BB.jpeg
    722 KB · Views: 53

wjmwpg

Whoops said:
Is that a touchscreen after you keyboard?

If so that looks pretty nice
No, it’s just a normal monitor under glass. I’ve thought about putting a touchscreen there but am worried it would get destroyed.

Whoops

Hi all,
if someone wants to build this project with drivers used originally by Auratone I have 3 driver models for sale that Auratone used in their 5C speakers.

2x CTS square magnets and 1x Pioneer A11EC80-02F

PM me if interested

UmMLJ88.jpg

J6CN4Ix.jpg

Jim50hertz

Whoops said:
Hi all,
if someone wants to build this project with drivers used originally by Auratone I have 3 driver models for sale that Auratone used in their 5C speakers.

2x CTS square magnets and 1x Pioneer A11EC80-02F

PM me if interested

UmMLJ88.jpg

J6CN4Ix.jpg

PM’d you

TomS

This will most likely be my last addition to this forum, I measured the  Monacor SP-4/60PRO Auratone attached is the frequency response 420hz is the lowest I could go since I couldn't measure outside or in an anechoic chamber.

The microphone I used to measure is the almost completely flat Line Audio OM1.

Attachments

• Diy Auratone Measuremeant.png
    Diy Auratone Measuremeant.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts