Boycott of Tubedepot!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hugo said:
News: I received one pack of tubes. They replace some tubes with cheapers, but anyway, they resend me something. BUT, there is a gap of $150 between what i ordered and what i received (i lost all balancing, high gain, everything you can add actually), and it is the big silence regarding this... sent 2 mails to understand why my $400 became $250 on the invoice...
Now my gears can work...but i am still angry regarding this website.. just to actualise the post after some months.

Yes, you should be.
They have to refund your money or re-send you the correct items.

I wouldn't accept paying for a specific product and receiving something inferior instead.

I created this post (the first one), and  the next day, they came back to me, carrying of my issue, blablabla...and offerend me to resend a new package.. (For sure the first will, at the end, come back to them, so no loss for them). I accepted, even if some tubes "had" to be replaced, because out of stock (of course, cheaper tubes always) blablabla...ok ok go for it.

New tracking number, great !!! 1 or 2 weeks later, it arrived.. The post office asked me to pay extra taxes...but i was surprised it was very low taxes..ok maybe i am lucky..but no. I opened, and saw that $270 invoice...hmm?
I sent a message, and they reply there was 2 package, the other part is on the first one you received few months ago, taxes free, with tube sockets..hmmm? Ok i go to check, and wtf ?..all tube sockets cost less than 30$, so i am not a mathematician but 270+30= 300...so where is the rest of my money ?.. I looked my initial order and saw all those modifications they can provide, and i took all (when you diy, you always want the best, nié ?), that was the explaination of the difference.

New mail again, from me to them...could you please tell me if you applied all upgrades i ordered, i paid a lot for this..matching balancing high gain.. If you did not, as i can see on the invoice (or was just a trick to avoid taxes), just tell me. You pay the difference for the service i paid and i did not have, and we are ok ?

I wait the answer since 3 weeks or more, i do not count anymore..

So i waited few months to have no matching tubes on my stereo units, very expensive, and not a "sorry" at the end ?... To be polite is the minimum, clients are not animals with money...

Hugo

PS:

As before, i post one message on groupdiy, and 24h later, they come...Now i have to take pictures of boxes to prove if it is tested or not.. And they told they will refund the extra payment, if there is one. I thank the guy who wrote to me, it was the message i was waiting for. The fact is : do not wait to appear on forum, to solve clients issues

Anyway, they did not forget me. I accept apologies, and i can tell that they made the right move by writing to me..
Not really angry anymore, shit happens, the most important is to communicate.

TY

Latest posts

Back