[BUILD] 1176 Rev A - Back to the beginning...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what is actually with the big mystery of c13?

Can't freakin find it.

On either the bill of materials and pcb board, c13 is supposed to have .001 uF.

However, if I check the part number, there is a capacitor which correlates with C13 on the mouser cart list.

Point is that FKp2-1000/100/5 is 1/10 of the required .001 uF reference, which is 1,000 pF.

Thanks, got all confused with the calculation :D

By the way, anybody who is looking for an orange drop substitute, don't choose the wima, take the 200v comrade.

A friend's professor tested both and the orange drop with 200 v rounded off better.

Also, is there anybody around who can post a high-angle shot of their 1.25 rev so that I can do a final comparison ? :D

That'd help me a lot!

Thanks in advance.

peterc said:
@atticmike

1000pF = 1nF = .001uF

FKp2-1000/100/5 means 1000pF / 100v / .2"(5mm) pin spacing

Peter

Is there actually a disadvantage in doing rotary switches instead of the buttons? Since you can press two buttons at the same time  which gives you yet another level of tone variety.

Also, the reason why I'm thinking of going rotary switches instead of buttons is the fact I have trouble understanding how to screw the edges of the ratio / meter switch bank to the front panel? If I cut out the area for the buttons, there will be almost no surface left to drill any proper hole for the screws. 

just in case, does anyone have the measures for milling out the area for ratio / meter switches? There are no documents provided by hairball.

At long last, what do you make of this setup? Anything that'd contravene a principle? Picture is attached.

Attachments

• allignment.jpg
    allignment.jpg
    624.4 KB · Views: 59
Hi guys,

I'm about 3/4 of the way thru my Rev F and Rev A build (which by the way is hard way to start 2 different units all the parts in one bag thanks Mouser!- not their fault) But I have a couple of Q's I'm not a total newbie al though this is my first comp, I've built patch bays and wired 4 full studios but I want make sure I have it correct before I finish it and fire it up.

1. All the semi bi polars are 3 legs but on the boards their are 4 holes I can't work out this via the schematic.

3. If there is no resistor listed to add to the attack or release pot in the BOM does that mean is not one? In the wiring instructions is has a section to add a the specific resistor. But in the BOM it varies.

2. Mouser has what looks like substituted my parts when compared to the BOM, I def have a few parts that are not on either list. This is complicated by the fact that I am building an A and F at once and all the parts shipped combined.

Mouser part  75-225p100v0.18
I have worked this out as Rev A C2 and C28?

VR - LM371 - I was shipped Mouser P/N L7824ABV is that correct?

Thanks in advance for your help.
TK

1. for the semi bipolars : not all the 2N transistors have the same pin order between Emiter, Base and Collector, in particular 2N3707 or 2N3708 AND 2N5088 (which I prefer BTW, clearer sound). The 3 aligned holes work for the 2N3707 and 3708. If you choose the 5088, you have to use the 4th hole, but I don't remember for which pin : there you use data sheet of transistor and 1176 schem (or simply look at the traces under your PCB ;))

For your other questions, I don't remember, it's been a while now ! For transistors I made the mistake so I remember this one in particular ;D!
I'm sure making 2 diff units in the same time make thing more difficult, good luck !!!

Ben

Anyone knows if the j309 was used in the original? in the original schematic it shares the same partnumber as the input fet, which was certainly not a j309.

tko said:
3. If there is no resistor listed to add to the attack or release pot in the BOM does that mean is not one? In the wiring instructions is has a section to add a the specific resistor. But in the BOM it varies.

I'm wondering if someone could help me with regards to this...I can't find this anywhere.

TKO

Hi guys,

I'm also confused about REV F = Q5 2n2925  & Q8MPsw06 and their orientation.

Q5 has 3 holes is parallel and one hole above which leads to R30 where do the 3 poles on Q5 go?

Q8 has 4 in parallel where do the 3 poles on Q8 go?

I am still confused about which of these capacitors go where on a REV A or Rev F

http://nz.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=225P18491XD3virtualkey61320000virtualkey75-225P100V0.18

http://nz.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=225P10591YD3virtualkey61320000virtualkey75-225P100V1.0

Thanks TKO

has anyone put a revision A recently together and can provide me with a high res bird's eye picture of the board?

Now, I solder the board.
All res, and film caps are on the boards.

What kind of pict you want ? Full empty or populate ?

HI guys,

OK so I'll just go buy new exact Caps locally.

new Q.

On my output tranny I am left with 4 wires on both the A and F and the wiring instructions by Mnats only deals with 2 and on my the 2 describe by color are not on the tranny?

Could someone please explain the tranny outputs on a A and F.

Many thanks for your help.
TKO

atticmike said:
has anyone put a revision A recently together and can provide me with a high res bird's eye picture of the board?

Any reason why it has to be recent? Is the one on my site not clear enough?

mnats said:
atticmike said:

would love to compare the components locations for whether I have placed them all correctly or not, like a final comparison.

otherwise I will have to get a color table and check the rings on the resistors and such for their correctness.

Mike

atticmike said:
mnats said:
atticmike said:

would love to compare the components locations for whether I have placed them all correctly or not, like a final comparison.

otherwise I will have to get a color table and check the rings on the resistors and such for their correctness.

Mike

Good luck !!!!

I send you my 1176 hiRes pict but don't consider this like a reference.

Back