[BUILD] 1176LN Rev D DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,
I have a question, I received three 2K trimmer potentiometer and I see three 2K trimmer potentiometer in the list of MNAT 1176LN REV D!
but missing fourth? may I'm wrong? you have an idea ?hank you for the reply
diy.jpg

best,

jandoste said:
Hi Guys,
I have a question, I received three 2K trimmer potentiometer and I see three 2K trimmer potentiometer in the list of MNAT 1176LN REV D!
but missing fourth? may I'm wrong? you have an idea ?hank you for the reply
diy.jpg

best,

If it is a hairball kit, 0 set is mounted on the front panel and not the pcb.  (mouser part 53C22K)

Josh

Yes the zero adjust is a pot in my BOM.

You may know this, but just so you avoid mistake, don't put the trimmers in the PCB the way you have it circled if they are from my kit.  They go across the bottom pads.  Refer to the schematic for clarity.

See here:
http://mnats.net/images/1176_rev_a_med.jpg

Mike

Echo North said:

You may know this, but just so you avoid mistake,
don't put the trimmers in the PCB the way you have it circled if they are from my kit.  They go across the bottom pads.

Yes :) I see that :) Thanks ! So I don't need the  fourth trimmer ?

See here:
Mike

Thanks again Mike
Best,

jandoste said:
Echo North said:

don't put the trimmers in the PCB the way you have it circled if they are from my kit.  They go across the bottom pads.

See here:
Mike

Thanks again Mike
Best,

You need the 4th trimmer.

It's just not a PCB mount.  It's a 2K pot mounted to the frontpanel zero adjust.  You need to run three wires to the 0 adjust pads on the PCB.

Mike

Echo North said:
jandoste said:
Echo North said:

See here:
Mike

Thanks again Mike
Best,

You need the 4th trimmer.

It's just not a PCB mount.  It's a 2K pot mounted to the frontpanel zero adjust.  You need to run three wires to the 0 adjust pads on the PCB.

Mike

Ok , Thanks ! now I see ! sorry my (stupid) questions but I got an idea and I have to finish that !
but just I can solder them  in any hole of the R44? I mean if I solder them like this ; first to first , second to second etc ?

Thanks Mike
Best,
PS : Sorry Mike but I think my lastest questions :)

The trimmers need to go across the short end of the "T" (which has only three holes).  Which way they are installed only makes a difference in which way you need to turn them, but I would install them with the same orientation that MNATS uses in the link.  It looks like the blue one (100 Ohm?) already installed in your photo is installed the wrong way.

Philo

sorry I still do the same question...
I realized 6x1176  with hairball kits and i am very happy!!!
I would build a REV D OEP in out

somebody tell me if it is possible?
thanks

somebody can help me?

Philo said:
The trimmers need to go across the short end of the "T" (which has only three holes).  Which way they are installed only makes a difference in which way you need to turn them, but I would install them with the same orientation that MNATS uses in the link.  It looks like the blue one (100 Ohm?) already installed in your photo is installed the wrong way.

Philo
Hi Philo,
Thanks ! I have already changed it !

Thats the bypass switch.

The centre lug goes to PCB pad 22
The "On" position (ie, when you engage compression) goes to The Ratio Board "Ratio GRN"
The "Off" position (ie, the attack knob fully counter clockwise = No compression) goes to PCB GND & Ratio board "BLK"

Futureman said:
Thats the bypass switch.

The centre lug goes to PCB pad 22
The "On" position (ie, when you engage compression) goes to The Ratio Board "Ratio GRN"
The "Off" position (ie, the attack knob fully counter clockwise = No compression) goes to PCB GND & Ratio board "BLK"

Thanks Mike, :) :D
Thanks Futureman, :) :)

1176revaxxx.jpg

I think my last question ! on the ratio board I don't have "REL" but I got "18" so , in place of "REL" I solder the wire to "18" ?
Thanks,

PS : I know the picture was REV A but the Ratio BPC is same...

This may help also.

See attached PDF.

The original 1176 schematics are great also.

Attachments

• 1176wiringGuide.pdf
    139.6 KB · Views: 83
jandoste said:
1176revaxxx.jpg

I think my last question ! on the ratio board I don't have "REL" but I got "18" so , in place of "REL" I solder the wire to "18" ?
Thanks,

PS : I know the picture was REV A but the Ratio BPC is same...

I realy cannot find any solution for this! on the ratio board I don't have "REL" but I got "18" so , in place of "REL" I solder the wire to "18" ?
Thanks,

Back