[BUILD] The Rude Tube IVORY ====== Official build & support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

I decide to go with 2 power transformers from mouser mentioned in a BOM. Do I need to use both for mono unit? Or just one? Also I think 12v relay would work with it, right? Or should I put 5v? I'm in US.

Best regards Anton.
Yes will do for the 12V relay, just make sure to wire the Power Transformer for 12VAC according to the colors ON the power transformer.
Yes both Transformers for a mono unit, it's a bit overkill to have 2x, but back then i wasn't able to find a US solution for having all in one Transformer, maybe there are options in US now??

Yes will do for the 12V relay, just make sure to wire the Power Transformer for 12VAC according to the colors ON the power transformer.
Yes both Transformers for a mono unit, it's a bit overkill to have 2x, but back then i wasn't able to find a US solution for having all in one Transformer, maybe there are options in US now??
Thank you for a quick response. Almost done with 3 projects that you sold me. Sowter transformers finally arrived. I hope to share photos of successful builts soon. Cheers.

Resurrecting this again- did we have a good solution for running an output transformer? I'm gonna try doing up a stereo unit for parallel processing drum busses/bass etc... but need to keep balanced.

I understand that input transformer is no issue, something like a 1:4 would net a bit of gain at line level. For the output I'm thinking of just tacking on a hybrid style 2520 footprint op amp (a-la CAPI BB2521) to drive a step up might be a quick and dirty solution.

Hi all,

Does anyone have a wiring diagram/additional schematics for this build? I'm halfway through, and am confused about how the relay boards are meant to be connected, especially given the lack of bypass switches on the front panel designs... Any additional help before I start experimenting would be appreciated!

Cheers

Latest posts

Back