Capsule for C12 clone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be so glad to have the opportunity to buy one of your capsules Tim, give a better advice on them, and maybe change my mind and find the chinese ones really bad in front of yours . But are they available somewhere ? Should i buy a Flea to get the privilege of earing this golden gem ? I paid 60 euros for the chinese capsule and to my poor and aged ears (i was nominated at the french Grammy's in 1991 do the math) they sound much better than any of the K67 edge terminated on the market. My first goal was to use the beesneez but with all the problems i had with their M7 and their fancy delivery delays i gave a try for the chinese ones. Sure that many people here will do so. I am not measuring microphones i am recording artists with them, and as far as i am still in the business know how a good one sounds, for the measuring i let Neumann or AKG factories play with it and their microphones in 2024 really ... sucks !

I'd be so glad to have the opportunity to buy one of your capsules Tim, give a better advice on them, and maybe change my mind and find the chinese ones really bad in front of yours . But are they available somewhere ? Should i buy a Flea to get the privilege of earing this golden gem ? I paid 60 euros for the chinese capsule and to my poor and aged ears (i was nominated at the french Grammy's in 1991 do the math) they sound much better than any of the K67 edge terminated on the market. My first goal was to use the beesneez but with all the problems i had with their M7 and their fancy delivery delays i gave a try for the chinese ones. Sure that many people here will do so. I am not measuring microphones i am recording artists with them, and as far as i am still in the business know how a good one sounds, for the measuring i let Neumann or AKG factories play with it and their microphones in 2024 really ... sucks !
This is the error most people make. Making music and audio gear are two different things. I haven't won any awards, but i have worked for a gear manufacturer. Neil Armstrong didn't build Apolo, that wasn't his job. Why do audio engineers keep crapping on actual engineering principles of the very gear they are dependent on is beyond me. Artists make music, scientists and engineers make gear. Sh*$ hits the fan once artists with no engineering skills start making and selling gear. It is ok for you to use whatever you want, but your personal feelings and unavailability of CK12 gets the best of you.

I'm posting this for the thousandth time. Everything is described and explained in this article and the quoted patent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/austrian.audio/the-ck12-capsule-demystified/amp/

This is the error most people make , making audio gear is essentialy focused on making good records, good music or at least pleasent to the ears. The Sh*$ hits the fan when engineers produce crap designs claiming (with marvelous curves and measurements) that their gear rocks when in fact ... it sucks !!! You want examples Mr Kingkorg ? I have tons of them. I am using hi end gear for decades and NOBODY can sell me crap at the price of gold. I don't need measurements for that. And if the Appolo engineers forgot to correctly implement the stack overflow in their landing computer program, i'll be here to remind them ;)

Last edited:
NOBODY can sell me crap at the price of gold.
Yet Alex did. He must be doing something right after all if empirical proof can't change your mind. Once again, "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."

"And if the Appolo engineers forgot to correctly implement the stack overflow in their landing computer program, i'll be here to remind them"

No point to argue after this statement. I hope NASA has your number.

I don't know who's Alex, but i loooove your sense of humor Mr Kingkorg ! Next time i have the Nasa on the phone i'll ask them if they have measured the drop at 1khz 180 off axis ... but wait ... 180° off axis i just see my butt ! My fart barely reaches 1khz i'm afraid ... maybe you have a solution ?

I don't know who's Alex, but i loooove your sense of humor Mr Kingkorg ! Next time i have the Nasa on the phone i'll ask them if they have measured the drop at 1khz 180 off axis ... but wait ... 180° off axis i just see my butt ! My fart barely reaches 1khz i'm afraid ... maybe you have a solution ?
Alex is the Chinese builder who first developed and posted about the very Chinese CK12 we are discussing

Well 60 euros 'direct at the factory, no "alex" involved, is way under the price of gold, and the capsule despite your assertions is everything but crap, again. My Heiserman K47 is crap (except if your ears have 10db loss at 6khz!), no doubt, chinese K67 edge terminated are crap, again without a doubt, the chinese CK12's i have sounds good to my ears (and to the ears of many listeners ingeneers AND musicians ) just tested live in situation at the Vienne jazz festival on doublebass in front of 3000 people. The mic is such a crap that the following ingeneer was iinterested in buying one ... the result on the PA was outstanding .... no comment.

If you read my post i said Alibaba not Aliexpress and direct from factory ... from this picture i can't tell if it's the same capsule. This factory also makes very good K47 and K67 capsules that i have tested "by ear" ...

I don't understand your position ... i propose to buy a "real" CK12 from you and test it around the world on great stages with the best cuban jazz musicians at the time where is the problem ?
I believe your capsule must be this fake type that we know so well
You believe ! I believe in nothing, specialy when i don't know !

the mics are on tour this is the only pic in my phone actually, and where have you seen that i asked for a cap for FREE ?

Attachments

• IMG_20240628_163452[1].jpg
    IMG_20240628_163452[1].jpg
    4.7 MB
Tim, with all respect i have been waiting to buy one of yours from at least a decade ! I am old too a bit tired and busy enough not to stick on the forum and follow a two years waiting list. I have already shared this link with people on this forum, people that IMHO showed their kindness and had humble attitude ...

I have removed all of my posts from this thread except the 2 that deal directly about this capsule. I encourage every one to share what they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back