Cheap Nice and Funky Amek 2500 preamps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mate, I got one with the original design from Olaf, without balanced ic, like the original plus the bargraph. Redraw it in to 500 board. Let me know if you like to see the files, but I'm not testing it yet.
Ipin
I'm definitely interested in this, so I am happy to see whatever you want to share. I'd love to see it more forward.

I'm definitely interested in this, so I am happy to see whatever you want to share. I'd love to see it more forward.
Yes. Me too. I really like the sound of this version, Saint Gillis did a great job, looking forward to make the 500 version of this Funky2500. I DM you by the way.
Ipin

Hi everyone, I want to make 4 of these. Does anyone know of a design for a power supply that I can use?
I was looking for information about The Green PSU, but I didn't find much about it

another question is. what replacement do you recommend for the bc560c?

Thank :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I want to make 4 of these. Does anyone know of a design for a power supply that I can use?
I was looking for information about The Green PSU, but I didn't find much about it

another question is. what replacement do you recommend for the bc560c?

Thank :)
If you look at Volker's White Market page:

https://groupdiy.com/threads/51xaudio-by-silent-arts.39570/
Search for the PN48PSU-rev01 power supply. That will supply all of the necessary voltage. But I think this project is intended for 500 series racks which supply all of these voltages.

Hello, do you know any replacement for tlo72?
What about the bc560? When I assembled the box from Bo Hansen, I used the bc559. Would you recommend a better one for this purpose?

Hi, I already assembled mine, I only tried channel 1 because I needed a crimper to make connectors. It works perfect. I really like it with acoustic guitars.
but I have a problem, today when I connect the 4 channels I get noise on channels 2 and 3. Channels 1 and 4 work perfectly. I am using solker's source and the voltages are correct at the input of each preamp.
It may be that I have connected the ground of the connectors wrong, I leave a diagram to see if you see something wrong.
Cheers

Attachments

• AMEK_page-0001.jpg
    AMEK_page-0001.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 2
it's already working. it was just a bit of dirt on some tracks.
and I was missing the grnd connection of the source input with the other mass

Cheers

Still waiting for a nice 500 Series DIY implementation of this. I want to build at least 6.
Why don't you just design it ? Isn't it the whole point of DIY, instead of asking others to do it ?
Everything is already here : schematics, BOM and all... You just have to make it fit in a 500 PCB... it's that easy !!

Back