Console recomendations

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up a Soundtracs MRX 32. 32 channel, 8 buss, 6 aux, 16 tape returns. It has discrete 4 transistor front end and it sounds really nice. It has a nice sounding 4 band eq,( HF & LF shelved, and high/low mids swept). Direct outs, unbalanced inserts on all channels and busses.

In the US, most people don't know the brand so deals can be found. I got mine for $850 in the SF bay area. It had 6 channels that need recapping (so the former owner said, I haven't checked it out myself yet).

This is mine.

sounstracs_mxr72dpi.jpg

Just my $.02.

Matt

Just found this on the DUC.
Email this guy : [email protected]
He is selling a Trident Series 65. 24 channels.
I think he wants $5000 for it. Not bad from what I gather.

Never mind... just noticed on another thread it was sold....
bummmer.

Hi Gary,

You guessed my project :wink:
I hope to get all this done by the end of summer...

Any others have been that path?

Tony

Not to hi-jack, but I have a question regarding an out-of-box summer. But I do see what you're saying. For 5K, you could get 16 channels of some serious summing; however, what about auxiliary sends and returns for effects and things like that. Would this still be done ITB?

I've never mixed ITB, so that's why I'm asking. Also, not have any busses would suck, too, but then again, I guess stems could be shot out of the computer.

I think I'm trying to say that simple 8-16 channel summing box would kick ass, but if you wanted to add things like auxiliaries and busses then your money will begin to run out quickly.

as soon as I have a analog summingbox avialable, I will send auxes via a spare DA output and patch into whatever. Makes recall easier too.
FX return wil be summed in a separate FX-summer, or on spare inputs of the summingbox...
:cool:
Re-reading this, and knowing myself, I'm afraid this adventure will turn out in a rack spread mixer :twisted:. Anyone in for rackconsole SSL development? :green:

PM2000!!!

Even stock they kick any other console under $30k (and many over) I think. Screw building an elaborate 'summing' box - youll spend a vast amount of money and time on something that may sound good but has no features (and therefore is much less useful AND resellable). Other than that, an MCI 400 or 500 series would be cool, but theyre more expensive and often in much poorer condition.

I still cant believe I bought mine for under $4k, which is like 2500 of your American dollars.

Im sorry I just love it. Ill stop now :wink:

:cool:

M

[quote author="Ptownkid"]It's a tough call on price range, I'd like to keep it under 5K

I'm starting to think that since I just want eq and levels, I may just make my own.....5k could make some serious channel strips....

I forgot to add that I have a connection at Yamaha canada...[/quote]

you might want to check out the Midas Venice - it's a good sounding console, excellent EQ although it has a few quirks..... the big one being 60 MM faders, and only 4 subgroups. couple of the aux sends are also hardwired as pre fader as well, if i recall..

Latest posts

Back