COVID-19

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sodderboy said:
Oh golly, folks outside walking around in the nice afternoon sunny weather?  Stay AWAY from them or you will get infected by their stupidity!  Huddle in a bawl in a corner of your nest.  Crunch your ramen dry because there might be virus in the steam of boiled water.  BE AFRAID!!
I'm walking with my neighbors outside in the nice afternoon sunny weather.

Mike
I just want to quote this so that you can't delete it later.

Please practise social distancing for the time being.

If you don't do it for yourselves, please do it for others.

dogears said:
I have zero doubt in my mind that there is no better place in the world to be during a pandemic than the USA.

Right

index.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 3.18.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 3.18.30 AM.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 133
sodderboy said:
Crunch crunch crunch- mmmm this cajun bat flavor is kinda good!
Mike

With respect Mike, your jokes are not landing.

11,397 dead as I post this. I'm down with gallows humor but not taking this seriously is beyond foolish.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Three clients of mine are down with this disease, this is not an abstract thing.

ruairioflaherty said:
With respect Mike, your jokes are not landing.

11,397 dead as I post this. I'm down with gallows humor but not taking this seriously is beyond foolish.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Three clients of mine are down with this disease, this is not an abstract thing.

why would you show a respect for a piece of sh*t

And here is why social distancing is important:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/03/19/national/hokkaido-set-to-lift-coronavirus-emergency/

People are still asked to please be disciplined and massively self-restrain, but Hokkaido hospitals etc have higher capacity now than they had before. I.e. smoothing the curve / reducing the base load, so that healthcare infrastructure can catch up.

On a different note, Japan has conducted an eerily low number of tests... below capacity effectively since the onset.

Better not weight Germany’s number per capita.

Germany also taking the Chinese route and not attributing comorbidities to covid19 deaths.

"Wow Germany you only had 68 deaths, amazing.  What's that pile of bodies over there though?"

"THE DIABETICS.  THEY WERE WEAK, THEY NEEDED SUGAR.  DO NOT LOOK AT THEM."

why would you show a respect for a piece of sh*t

Woah slow that roll. If an opinion tracks terribly, don't mean have to return fire.  Everyone deals with stress/fear/uncertainty differently. 

boji said:
Woah slow that roll. If an opinion tracks terribly, don't mean have to return fire.  Everyone deals with stress/fear/uncertainty differently.

as you said,
now u can buzz off!

US population infected is about 0.005% and rising.

medical personal are being warned that they might have to play God as to who gets help and who does not.

makeshift hospitals are going up in the form of giant tents. 

music shop has been shut down so i am tasked with keeping it afloat by fixing Marantz receivers.

just the boss and i in different rooms.

no more AA meetings, used to chair 3 meetings a week, club was struggling to pay rent with increased real estate, so this is not helping,  all the AA meetings that take place in Church buildings have been canceled due to church closure, so we are the only game in town.

back up job winding transformers in my lonely room has not been affected. in fact, Corona is not an issue as we use Dupont 410 Nomex, so all transformers can take 10,000 volts, pri to sec, with very little corona.

easy to cut down tent money when you are retired in your own home. try working in a coffee shop and renting an overpriced apartment, try facing homelessness, and maybe you will not be so calloused.

CJ said:
easy to cut down tent money when you are retired in your own home. try working in a coffee shop and renting an overpriced apartment, try facing homelessness, and maybe you will not be so calloused.

Agree

dogears said:
Germany also taking the Chinese route and not attributing comorbidities to covid19 deaths.

Right

"Christian Drosten, a virologist at Berlin’s Charité hospital who advises the government, told Watson Daily earlier this month that testing is one of the structural reasons for Germany's low fatality. Making testing readily and quickly available has formed the basis of Germany's approach to the virus. Covid-19 tests have been available through Germany’s statutory healthcare since January, far earlier than most."

Seems like things are almost normal... (talking trash at each other, and team politics ).
----
Does anybody else in our extended family worldwide have direct contact with the pandemic infection?

Be safe, I am sheltering in place, in Hickory MS.....  which is my normal routine.

Does cutting trees in my yard count as sheltering in place?

JR

Attachments

• tree2.jpg
    tree2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Whoops said:

For every country these numbers mean something different.
Germany is doing a LOT of testing and that affects the death rate...i.e. it will be lower compared to countries who don't do a lot of testing.

Here in the Netherlands you'll only get tested if you're seriously ill....not enough tests available :-(

JohnRoberts said:
Seems like things are almost normal... (talking trash at each other, and team politics ).
----
Does anybody else in our extended family worldwide have direct contact with the pandemic infection?

Be safe, I am sheltering in place, in Hickory MS.....  which is my normal routine.

Does cutting trees in my yard count as sheltering in place?

JR

I know people. A friend of mine out in Maryland and his wife have it. their kids they were told are safe. He is talking like it's a death sentence. I am telling him it's not and give it the good fight. I think they will be o.k.
I also have a friend with a daughter who she was having trouble breathing and had a fever. thinking she has it, went to the emergency.  Emergency refused to test her for Covid19 because she didn't meet all the criteria. Not sure what all the criteria is exactly.  So far she is surviving at home.  Now she is faced with a hospital bill because somehow insurance is not covering it. Not sure the details on that, I didn't catch the full story on the insurance so not sure what that entire deal is there.

Be safe and be well folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back