covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnRoberts said:
The father got pretty sick but recovered and started a mission to promote testing symptomless people to manage community spread. He is spending a bunch of his wealth on providing tests for schools and more.

It makes one wonder what it would take for certain politicians to wake up and do more about testing.  There's decent access to testing in my state, less decent information about said testing (the guv is stonewalling news organizations by demanding outrageous fees for access to records), and complete obliviousness to the issues at our state colleges because football must happen. 

It's nice what a guy with some extra money can do when something lights a fire under his butt.  Imagine how much better off we'd be if our govt. leaders had been similarly motivated. 

hodad said:
It's nice what a guy with some extra money can do when something lights a fire under his butt.  Imagine how much better off we'd be if our govt. leaders had been similarly motivated.

Reminds me of Nancy Reagan supporting stem cell research or Dick Cheney being OK with same sex marriage because his daughter is gay.

If only conservatives were able to extend their empathy more beyond their own group...

HHS is spending $250 million on a Trump campaign media blitz.  Nobody is donating to his crappy campaign so he just steals money from taxpayers.  Republicans have obviously abandoned their consciences and their dignity in order to go all in on Trump.  If they're not embarrassed yet to be backing this con artist, they never will be. 

The only question is, did Republicans lose their moral compass or never have one in the first place? 
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/25/trump-hhs-ads-coronavirus-421957

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/29/hhs-ad-blitz-sputters-as-celebrities-back-away-423274

330 million of our tax payer dollars to convince us what a great job King Dunce is doing. That's ONE THIRD of one billion dollars to push a lie. Republicans are fiscally conservative.... HA! Anymore, they either don't know what they're voting for or they don't have the balls to say it unless surrounded by their own goons.

Since when did tax payer dollars go towards the incumbent president's campaign coffers?

Edit: You can't make this sh*t up.

iturnknobs said:
You can't make this sh*t up.
""There is an urgent and ongoing need for public education about Covid-19 prevention and treatment," said HHS spokesman Mark Weber."
Yeah, very timely - but apparently true, since the current dipshit has fukked it up so badly for the last 7 months.

"The Trump administration approached Dr. Oz, hoping that the well-known TV doctor could sit for an interview with Fauci as part of the campaign."
Yes, get a physician well respected (not) by the medical community to put out cogent information on the pandemic (along with reiki, endive and green coffee treatments.) I can see Dr. Fauci sitting down with this guy in his worst nightmare.

I have been down with fever for the past 2 days. I just went to a testing site. Online it said it would cost more to expedite results. I got there and was informed that this location did not accept govt assistance/insurance. I got back in my car to schedule an appointment SOMEWHERE and all CVS locations in my 30 mile radius had zero openings. This is how capitalism works in a pandemic folks. This is real life, not fake news.

Edit: I had no intention of expediting the results. Rapid testing=no coverage... but I was lured in. Ma Bell said phone first.

iturnknobs said:
I have been down with fever for the past 2 days. I just went to a testing site. Online it said it would cost more to expedite results. I got there and was informed that this location did not accept govt assistance/insurance. I got back in my car to schedule an appointment SOMEWHERE and all CVS locations in my 30 mile radius had zero openings. This is how capitalism works in a pandemic folks. This is real life, not fake news.

Edit: I had no intention of expediting the results. Rapid testing=no coverage... but I was lured in. Ma Bell said phone first.
Don't worry:  the free market is going to rush in with a low cost, jobs-creating solution that would beat out any commie public-health system in efficacy, cost, and freedom of choice.

(apologies for the snark:  I hope you can locate a site and get yourself on the road to recovery!)

Wonder what life insurance will look like in the future. Are companies going to start taking coronavirus into consideration? Seems it could be tricky if dying of a health problem is covered but dying from a coronavirus isn't...

The Democratic hoax continues. I am literally watching Donald Trump being taken to the hospital via helicopter right now. You can't make this sh*t up.

iturnknobs said:
The Democratic hoax continues. I am literally watching Donald Trump being taken to the hospital via helicopter right now. You can't make this sh*t up.

He was also given the maximum dose of an experimental antibody cocktail.  Since the WH has a medical facility for everything but the most serious of situations, I'm seeing this as being more than a mild case. 

Matador said:
(apologies for the snark:  I hope you can locate a site and get yourself on the road to recovery!)
Snark appreciated. Unfortunately, I either had to pay out of pocket for quick results, couldn't get quick results without an appointment(which all were filled) or had to accept the 4-7 day pauper results. I'm sure there's other things I could have done, but the fact that we still don't know what to do or where to go magnifies the "political" issue of this pandemic... I couldn't see a single person without a mask near Marine One or the motorcade at Walter Reed. Weird. I wonder what changed... more snark.

iturnknobs said:
but the fact that we still don't know what to do or where to go ...

The CDC has a page on testing... And your State website should have all the other details on where to go..

When I type in coronavirus testing, goofle pops this up at the top of the page...(attached pic)

You'd think that calling the family doctor would be the normal route but who knows....

I clicked on getting a test on the NHS site  and it says it's busy and there are no tests available...Try again tomorrow....

iturnknobs said:
I couldn't see a single person without a mask near Marine One or the motorcade at Walter Reed. Weird. I wonder what changed... more snark.

someone is sick among them?

Attachments

• coronatest1.jpg
    coronatest1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 8
iturnknobs said:
Snark appreciated. Unfortunately, I either had to pay out of pocket for quick results, couldn't get quick results without an appointment(which all were filled) or had to accept the 4-7 day pauper results.
If it's any consolation, I'm sure Trump will refuse to be treated at Walter Reed, a bastion of socialized, government run health care, that's a complete disaster, too expensive, and is staffed with Army trained death panels.

I guess I found some more snark!  ;D

Well, it is obvious to everyone that Trump and many other GOP bigwigs have been playing loose and wild with a disease that does not care about political points.

He has it. He has the Coronavirus 19 and probably a couple of comorbidities...

Here is what my non-professional research has discovered about Covid-19, it is not so much a respiratory disease as it is a vascular and pulmonary disease...yes it affects the lungs in its initial attacks and that is where the most damage occurs as the virus mutates the proteins to replicate, it generates the cytomic storm but they have begun to discover that its viral load also targets the vascular system...thats why they had patients with "Covid toes" where extremities would turn blue, and there have been a lot of evidence of blood clots all over the body...

Here's my point...even if Trump survives and does well, there is no guarantee that his health will ever fully recover...he and Chris Christie are both over weight and meet the baseline requirements for being handicapped by this disease for the rest f their lives...

How does Trump promise he won't have a heart attack in the next four years?

He cannot possibly provide proof that he can weather that outcome.

His health should disqualify him from any further campaigning...I would say the same about Biden if he were to get it.

I hope Trump makes a swift and complete recovery from Covid.

I then hope America makes a swift and complete recovery from Trump.

It looks like there might be improved outcomes when there are 10 doctors for one patient, rather the one doctor for 10 (or more) patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back