covid politics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been in place for years as a measure to save Medicare and insurance companies money. It's very important to ask, if you are put in a hospital bed, if you are admitted, or in an observation status. If the doctor hasn't written the order "Admit" in your chart, you will be billed outpatient charges with copays, and any post-discharge needs, like nursing care, therapy or rehab, will not be covered by insurance. Even if the doctor writes the order to admit you, insurance can deny it.

We'll get to the point where a non-covid emergency can't be handled because of ICU occupancy.
https://www.businessinsider.com/baton-rouges-largest-hospital-has-run-out-of-hospital-beds-2021-8
Keep the beer, you need it more than I do.

JR
I'll drink it as I stare into my crystal ball...

More Republican stupidity...more skies will fall.

https://www.ibtimes.com/top-rnc-official-says-covid-19-vaccine-mark-beast-3265002
edit: I suppose this is the type of "mixed messaging" causing vaccine hesitancy.

Provincetown breakout as I shared before the new mask advice is based on this MA study showing that vaccinated people with breakthrough infections have high viral load while avoiding serious illness. The logical conclusion made is that high viral load equals high transmissibility. An earlier Indian study was rejected under peer review.

I notice the scare headlines are conflating deaths and hospitalizations to report a single larger number for "and were hospitalized or have died". People reading this see the larger number (thousands) and the "died" not the "or have died", telling me the number of deaths is much lower than the scary headline.

CDC reports 0.098% symptomatic breakthrough cases in vaccinated people. Of course these numbers do not include symptomless cases. It looks like the covid virus is successfully spreading through the population.

While we missed President Biden's target date by a month we just crossed 70% of adults vaccinated. The US donated 110M covid vaccines to 60 countries (already shipped). A good start.

I heard one study mentioned recently contradicting the conclusions from the Provincetown study, but I can't find it now so maybe I imagined it (kidding).

Be safe

JR

As I have said before, pain is the final decider for logical decision making...too bad Republicans absolutely must fight logic in the name of "freedom". There will be more to come. Such a shame they feel the need to "own the libs". Libtards, huh? I could go back through this thread and quote myself over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over........... Freedom. 'Murica.

https://www.thv11.com/article/news/...o-law/91-1e7b1915-8219-445f-8ef9-8932d1656a0d

Wax off, wax on.... Walmart is requesting mask wearing again, citing the new CDC advice.

I still had my old spit mask in my pocket. I did my best to not infect any fellow shoppers. :rolleyes:

JR

Wax off, wax on.... Walmart is requesting mask wearing again, citing the new CDC advice.

JR

Where I live, a majority of people kept wearing masks in grocery stores and the like even after CDC advice changed, so no big change here. I do expect some changes in restaurants and bars, which had loosened up substantially. There are a couple of bars in my area that have already started requiring proof of vaccination for entry, so there's that.

It would likely be only wax off if it weren't for most Republicans. Looks like we will have to sit in our own poopy diapers.

P.S.- I do see your advocating for masks and vaccines. Now just admonish those who don't...most Republicans.
A demographic breakdown of who is or isn't vaccinated in NYC, revealed that only 30% of minorities are vaccinated. I somehow doubt that 70% of minorities in NYC are republicans.

This is just divisive partisan fiction.

JR

A demographic breakdown of who is or isn't vaccinated in NYC, revealed that only 30% of minorities are vaccinated. I somehow doubt that 70% of minorities in NYC are republicans.

This is just divisive partisan fiction.

JR
White people and racism(Republicans) are a large reason those people are not yet vaccinated. I was vaccinated with "leftovers" at a vaccination drive for migrants and the latin community in my area. This was set up for those are afraid to provide their name and information because of sh*tty people. My county jail has a contract with ICE to detain people. Black people have been mistreated and used in experiments in our country's history. We wiped out the Indians with smallpox blankets. Not divisive partisan fiction. This is the world created by sh*tty white people(the true migrants).

edit: 30% of minorities don't equal half of the voter base...nor do they spread anti-vax/anti-mask sentiment in their media outlets...I could provide thousands(literally) of links to make my point. I guess I have to circle back to the word "tribalism"...me vs. them.

More speculation that is inconsistent with the objective data, like I shared about NYC. Do you think they are an outlier?

JR
If I had to compare minorities to Republicans, they are absolutely an outlier. Also, when I'm in Chicago, I see more latin and African-American people wearing masks much more than any others. The sooner our country looks inwards and acknowledges the biggest problem, I will be able to resume my regular life...or we can watch the dummies drag our country down through the dirt. Please review my previous post for edit/addition.

Back in the early days of the pandemic, I happened to be listening to a local political chat show. A conservative politician sounded positively sanguine that the virus was hitting Black populations much harder than White. The show's host made a point to clarify that the guest was not happy about this fact; the guest himself made no such clarification.

Back in the early days of the pandemic, I happened to be listening to a local political chat show. A conservative politician sounded positively sanguine that the virus was hitting Black populations much harder than White. The show's host made a point to clarify that the guest was not happy about this fact; the guest himself made no such clarification.

One of the talk radio hosts I listen to continually points out that it was discovered that covid was disproportionately affecting minorities in large cities on April 7, 2020.
https://www.usnews.com/news/healthi...are-disproportionately-dying-from-coronavirus
This host often correlates this piece of information to the flip-flop of Republicans going from mitigation tactics to "open up the country" and "freedom". While there is no proof of this theory, it wouldn't surprise me if more audio tapes surfaced to clearly document more Covid atrocities from the previous administration...that none of his followers will acknowledge. Blind love for Trump...F*ck Your Feelings 2020...coming to your neighborhood in 2024...He'll Be Back...
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/02/donald-trump-coronavirus-warm-weatherNot only is this thing not going away, but now it's adversely affecting his voters(AND CHILDREN). I'm not Republican, nor do I have children. Time for a box of popcorn to watch the sh*tshow.

Indeed 2022 mid term election will be a sh__ show, amusing perhaps how both sides believe they have the high ground.

They both can't be correct. :cool:

JR

Indeed 2022 mid term election will be a sh__ show, amusing perhaps how both sides believe they have the high ground.

They both can't be correct. :cool:

JR
I'm guessing the guy in the ground doesn't have the high ground, nor would I be swayed to vote for the party that has this occurring over and over after vaccines are available. If this is how they handle science and pandemics, just imagine legislation decisions by the same type of person.
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article253276493.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back