D-EF47 Tribute To Oliver Archut U47 Build Thread.

Help Support GroupDIY:

Bonnie1

Since I'm using a 'stock' AMI power supply, I haven't messed with the heater voltage at all--I tried building my own power supply based on the schematic, but I was in over my head once I got to the wiring stage.

Interesting! Hadn't heard of anyone using a PF86 in this circuit. I wonder if it's worth trying in my mic, considering I don't have the capability to adjust the PSU.
Your PSU from AMI has 2x internal trimmers, Fil. 0-8vdc / B+ 116 - 120vdc

TLRT

Guys I'm still selling many Telefunken/Siemens EF800/EF802, you can find me in the Black market section

Purplenoise

Guys I'm still selling many Telefunken/Siemens EF800/EF802, you can find me in the Black market section
I’ve gotten a few ef800/802s from TLRT. Great prices and perfect condition. Like new and no noise or microphonics. Highly recommended

ElSmurf

I have a question I can’t seem to find a clear answer to - does it matter if the laminations of the transformer connect to ground? I’m using Moby’s BV08 and it seems inevitable there will be a connection to ground, either through the mounting screws or the inside of the mic body.

Purplenoise

I have a question I can’t seem to find a clear answer to - does it matter if the laminations of the transformer connect to ground? I’m using Moby’s BV08 and it seems inevitable there will be a connection to ground, either through the mounting screws or the inside of the mic body.
Use plastic spacers before the nut

Bonnie1

Transformer lam's should indeed connect to mic chassis.

Purplenoise

Transformer lam's should indeed connect to mic chassis.
Early 47s had a shield I believe connected to ground. The later versions I guess ground the lams by the mounting disk. There is no harm but is it necessary? I have made a d-ef47 and a point to point following original schematics and there are absolutely no issues ( that I know of :) with lams not touching the chassis.

innercityman

I was wondering the same, and I decided to use Colson strips instead of nuts and bolds. It's tight and solid enough to me so I'll let it like this.

Purplenoise

After finishing a ptp 47 clone my quest for a 47 is over. Now I am thinking of changing my D-EF47 towards something more modern…a modern 47. Thinking of using a toroidal output transformer, heiserman hk-47 and modern components for a cleaner sound.
Has anyone tried something like this? Impressions? Tips?