Donald trump. what is your take on him?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cops lie, John, more often than not.  'Slapped' is an intentionally chosen word to manipulate people's perceptions of what happened. Chances are good there was no 'loud sound' at all. Who's to know? The dead lady ain't talkin'.

As the lady was Australian she would have been expecting a different response from police.

She could have been slapping the car to say, "yes I'm the one who called you" or "this is where I heard her" or it may have been in disgust that they were not going to investigate at all. 

In the UK or Australia it would be unheard of to be shot by police you just called, that's what all the fuss is about.

The only time innocent parties are killed by the police is when they are hit by a police car in pursuit of criminals.

DaveP

Do we notice how the cops story 'evolved'? First 'there was a loud noise',  then 'a female slapped' the car, with the implication that she caused her own death, rather than the hosenscheisser pulling the trigger he was so scared. She's the perp in a cop show. The cop who didn't shoot her knows damn well if he has years ahead of him as a cop he'd better cover for his partner, and we're being fed scraps that sell a story.

Earlier this year, President Donald Trump was shown a disturbing video of Syrian rebels beheading a child near the city of Aleppo. It had caused a minor stir in the press as the fighters belonged to the Nour al-Din al-Zenki Movement, a group that had been supported by the CIA as part of its rebel aid program.

Trump pressed his most senior intelligence advisers, asking the basic question of how the CIA could have a relationship with a group that beheads a child and then uploads the video to the internet. He wasn't satisfied with any of the responses:

Trump wanted to know why the United States had backed Zenki if its members are extremists. The issue was discussed at length with senior intelligence officials, and no good answers were forthcoming, according to people familiar with the conversations. After learning more worrisome details about the CIA’s ghost war in Syria—including that U.S.-backed rebels had often fought alongside extremists, among them al Qaeda’s arm in the country—the president decided to end the program altogether.

The only question that remains is who in the CIA or Obama-era State Department should be prosecuted first?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-31/trump-saw-disturbing-video-then-he-shut-down-cias-covert-syria-program

A good point, +1

I had noticed that Trump had cut their support, but the media never gave us the reason why at the time.

DaveP

When President Obama secretly authorized the Central Intelligence Agency to begin arming Syria’s embattled rebels in 2013, the spy agency knew it would have a willing partner to help pay for the covert operation. It was the same partner the C.I.A. has relied on for decades for money and discretion in far-off conflicts: the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Since then, the C.I.A. and its Saudi counterpart have maintained an unusual arrangement for the rebel-training mission, which the Americans have code-named Timber Sycamore. Under the deal, current and former administration officials said, the Saudis contribute both weapons and large sums of money, and the C.I.A takes the lead in training the rebels on AK-47 assault rifles and tank-destroying missiles.

The support for the Syrian rebels is only the latest chapter in the decadeslong relationship between the spy services of Saudi Arabia and the United States, an alliance that has endured through the Iran-contra scandal, support for the mujahedeen against the Soviets in Afghanistan and proxy fights in Africa. Sometimes, as in Syria, the two countries have worked in concert. In others, Saudi Arabia has simply written checks underwriting American covert activities.

more

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/world/middleeast/us-relies-heavily-on-saudi-money-to-support-syrian-rebels.html

tands said:
Do we notice how the cops story 'evolved'? First 'there was a loud noise',  then 'a female slapped' the car, with the implication that she caused her own death, rather than the hosenscheisser pulling the trigger he was so scared. She's the perp in a cop show. The cop who didn't shoot her knows damn well if he has years ahead of him as a cop he'd better cover for his partner, and we're being fed scraps that sell a story.
What story? AFAIK there still has not been a formal police report, and the investigation could take months . Last I heard the shooter was exercising his right to not speak with investigators... but i doubt that will play well in that occupation.

When I first searched this media reports were all over the place.  In fact this seems to have fallen out of the current news cycle. that has the attention span of a 2 year old. 

Still lots of questions few answers, but she is still dead, still a tragedy...  and nothing we say can change that. 

I can wait for actual facts, less specualtion.

JR

It's 2017, John, there will be no facts forthcoming. Only the story. One that minimizes the culpability of the police, as we see already.

Right?

As bad as things have been over these last six months, they have the potential to get so much worse. The only thing standing between Kelly and helping the administration realize its full potential of being as cruel as possible — on issues like health care, immigration, refugees, tax reform, and setting us off down on a path towards multiple new wars — is the inflated ego and tenuous health of a 71-year old man who could die on the toilet at any point over the next three and a half years.

Considering the army of neocon ghouls who share Trump’s politics (but not his penchant for vulgarity) and are ready to step in as soon as that happens, there will come a time when the left finds itself up against an administration full of Kellys instead of goofy hacks like Anthony Scaramucci or Sean Spicer. And given what we know about what happens in countries that rely on the military to fill a void where credible political leadership has vanished, that should worry everyone.

https://theoutline.com/post/2042/john-kelly-is-a-nightmare-in-a-uniform

JohnRoberts said:
What story? AFAIK there still has not been a formal police report, and the investigation could take months . Last I heard the shooter was exercising his right to not speak with investigators... but i doubt that will play well in that occupation.
When I first searched this media reports were all over the place.  In fact this seems to have fallen out of the current news cycle. that has the attention span of a 2 year old. 
Still lots of questions few answers, but she is still dead, still a tragedy...  and nothing we say can change that. 
I can wait for actual facts, less specualtion.
JR
All the evidence is out in the Castile shooting from last year.  Have you paid attention and drawn any conclusions? Officer acquitted.  A new video released after the trial concluded.
Although in the immediate aftermath the story is incomplete, the attention is high. After all the facts dribble out, often fewer look at it.

Seymour Hersh on Seth Rich and the DNC emails.

'...

The Washington field office is a hot **** unit. The guy running the Washington field office he’s like, he’s like, you know, he’s like a three star at an army base he’s already looking for four, you know what I mean? He’s gonna go in a top job. There’s a cyber unit there that’s excellent, given. What you get in a warrant is, the public information you get in a warrant doesn’t include, uh, it does not include the affidavit underlying what, why you are you going in, what the reasons are that.. That’s almost never available, um, I, I can tell you that the existence of a warrant is a public document 99% of the time. So, um, on the same warrant, they call in the feds. The feds get through, and this is what they find. This is according to the FBI report. What they find is he makes cont- first of all this is what you have to know, you have to know some basic facts, one of the basic factors, in that there’s no DNC or Podesta emails that exist beyond May 22nd. May 21st, May 22nd is the last email from either one of those groups. And so what the reports says is that sometime in late spring, we’re talking June you know summers in June 21st, late spring would be after, I presume, I don’t know, I’d just say late spring, early summer and he makes contact with Wikileaks. That’s in his computer and he makes contact.

Now, I have to be careful because I, I’ve know, I, met Julian 10 or 12 years (ago?) I stay the **** away from people like that, you know. He’s invited me, and when I’m in London I always get a message “Come see me at the Ecuadorian” but I say **** no I’m not going there I’ve got enough trouble without getting photographed. And he’s under total surveillance by everybody but anyways. So, they found what he’d done. He had submitted a series of documents, of emails. Some juicy emails from the DNC, and you know, by the way all this **** about the DNC, um, you know, whether it was hacked or wasn’t hacked, whatever happened, the democrats themselves wrote this ****, you know what I mean? All I know is that he (Seth) offered a sample, an extensive sample, you know I’m sure dozens of email and said “I want money”. Then later Wikileaks did get the password, he had a Dropbox, a protected Dropbox, which isn’t hard to do, I mean you don’t have to be a wizard IT, you know, he was certainly not a dumb kid. They got access to the Dropbox. He also, and this is also in the FBI report, he also let people know, with whom he was dealing, and I don’t know how he dealt, I’ll tell you about Wikileaks in a second. I don’t know how he dealt with the Wikileaks and the mechanism but he also, the word was passed according to the NSA report, “I’ve also shared this box with a couple of friends so if anything happens to me it’s not going to solve your problem”. Ok. I don’t know what that means.

I don’t know whether you- Anyways, Wikileaks got access, and before he was killed- I can tell you right now Brennan is an *******. Uh, I’ve known all these people for years. Clapper is sort of a better guy but not rocket scientist, the NSA guy’s a ****ing moron, and they don’t- you know the trouble with all of those guys is that the only way they’re going to make it to a board or two and get hired by (?) and get some fat cat contracts is if Hillary stayed in. With Trump they’re gone, they’re done, they’re going to live on their pension, they’re not going to make it. And I gotta tell you guys, they don’t want to live on their pension, they want to be on boards.

I have somebody on the inside, you know I’ve been around a long time, and I write a lot of stuff. I have somebody on the inside who will go and read a file for me. This person is unbelievably accurate and careful, he’s a very high-level guy and he’ll do a favor. You’re just going to have to trust me. I have what they call in my business a long-form journalism, I have a narrative of how that whole ****ing thing began, it’s a Brennan operation, it was an American disinformation and ****ing the ****ing President, at one point when they, they even started telling the press, they were back briefing the press, the head of the NSA was going and telling the press, ****ing ****-sucker Rogers, was telling the press that we even know who in the GRU, the Russian Military Intelligence Service, who leaked it. I mean all bullsh*t. They were telling the studp- I worked at the New York Times for ****ing years, and the trouble with the ****ing New York Times is they have smart guys, but they’re totally beholden on sources. If the president or the head of the (?) to actually believe it. I was actually hired at the time to write, to go after the war in Vietnam War in 72 because they were just locked in. So that’s what the Times did. These guys run the ****ing Times, and Trump’s not wrong. But I mean I wish he would calm down and had a better a better press secretary, I mean you don’t have to be so. Trump’s not wrong to think they all ****ing lie about him."

more (language)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-02/seymour-hersh-%E2%80%98russiagate%E2%80%99-cia-planted-lie-revenge-against-trump

tands said:
If John doesn't want to talk about it, I guess he's free not to.

:shrug:
In case I haven't been clear I am still waiting for more real information....

I think the shooter really screwed up from what little information we think we know  (but that too is speculation).

I reject the characterization that "all" cops lie, or shoot innocent people, but apparently some do.  Those are typically the ones in the news.

In today's news they reported about some cops caught by their own body cam videos planting evidence (Baltimore?) . Now that is truly a dumbass move (if true)...  The prosecution dropped charges for obvious reasons, this sounds too bizarre to make up. .

Any sufficiently large group of professionals will have bad actors.  I repeat the police are the good guys tasked to protect us from criminals.  Don't  ASSume they all sink to lowest level of the worst among them...

JR

PS: no I don't feel like doing homework about old local cases... when i was trying to find real info on this recent shooting  the castile case came up... I still don't take homework assignments or click on videos, and please stop poking me. I'm around, but don't feel compelled to post even more speculation on top of speculation when I have nothing substantive to add.

JohnRoberts said:
In case I haven't been clear I am still waiting for more real information....
JR
PS: no I don't feel like doing homework about old local cases... when i was trying to find real info on this recent shooting  the castile case came up... I still don't take homework assignments or click on videos, and please stop poking me. I'm around, but don't feel compelled to post even more speculation on top of speculation when I have nothing substantive to add.

You posted about the Castile shooting in the Gun Stats thread a year ago.  I remember because I posted about it, as the guy was shot a mile from where I grew up. The problem with "waiting for more information" but then showing no interest in "old cases" is the apparent burying issues from a discussion that you don't like - and conflict with your world view ("Police are the good guys").  I actually agree that the majority of Police are really good - and they do a extremely difficult job. But I hate corruption and unfairness, and people who show a bias in their arguments annoy me. Bad police should be prosecuted. They should wear cameras and have them turned on as part of their job. The police systematically treat poor and minority people worse than wealthy and white people. Profiling may make sense from an effectiveness standpoint, but it does not allow for equal opportunity in this country and should be eradicated.

Seymour Hersh on Seth Rich and the DNC emails.
Haha.  Did you see that Fox news and the white house conspired to put out this fake 'seth rich murder' story?
The clinton murders, child trafficking, pizzagate,  false flag school shootings, etc...  keep reading... we all enjoy a good conspiracy theory. 
Too bad it helped get Trump elected and the a lot of the GOP, which are f*&king up the country. 

And to think we thought that hiring a new communications director that turned out to be a clown was just business as usual..... We didn't hear a lot about Bill Browders' testimony which just happened to be in the same time the mooch did? You really can't make this shit up, well Bob Mueller was paying attention, I suppose.

dmp said:
Too bad it helped get Trump elected and the a lot of the GOP, which are f*&king up the country.

Yeah, too bad the DNC cheated Sanders out of the nomination. I wonder what's on Debbie's laptop, don't you?

https://twitter.com/Talint/status/892064860552298499

Attachments

• DGFAJwsUQAAReDS.jpg
    DGFAJwsUQAAReDS.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz threatened the chief of the U.S. Capitol Police with “consequences” for holding equipment that she says belongs to her in order to build a criminal case against a Pakistani staffer suspected of massive cybersecurity breaches involving funneling sensitive congressional data offsite.

The Florida lawmaker used her position on the committee that sets the police force’s budget to press its chief to relinquish the piece of evidence Thursday, in what could be considered using her authority to attempt to interfere with a criminal investigation.

The Capitol Police and outside agencies are pursuing Imran Awan, who has run technology for the Florida lawmaker since 2005 and was banned from the House network in February on suspicion of data breaches and theft.

“My understanding is the the Capitol Police is not able to confiscate Members’ equipment when the Member is not under investigation,” Wasserman Schultz said in the annual police budget hearing of the House Committee On Appropriations’ Legislative Branch Subcommittee.

“We can’t return the equipment,” Police Chief Matthew R. Verderosa told the Florida Democrat.

“I think you’re violating the rules when you conduct your business that way and you should expect that there will be consequences,” Wasserman Schultz said.

As one of eight members of the Committee on Appropriations’ Legislative Branch subcommittee, Wasserman Schultz is in charge of the budget of the police force that is investigating her staffer and how he managed to extract so much money and information from members.

In a highly unusual exchange, the [Wasserman Schultz]  uses a hearing on the Capitol Police’s annual budget to spend three minutes repeatedly trying to extract a promise from the chief that he will return a piece of evidence being used to build an active case.

“If a Member loses equipment and it is found by your staff and identified as that member’s equipment and the member is not associated with any case, it is supposed to be returned. Yes or no?” she said.

Police tell her it is important to “an ongoing investigation,” but [she] presses for its return anyway.

A federal employee with knowledge of the situation and who requested anonymity told The Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigative Group that as House authorities closed in on Imran Awan and his brothers, a laptop used by Imran was hidden in an unused crevice of the Rayburn House Office Building. Wasserman Schultz’s office is in Longworth House Office Building, a separate structure.

The laptop was later found by Capitol Police and seized because it was relevant to the criminal investigation, the source said.

The investigation is examining members’ data leaving the network and how Awan managed to get Members to place three relatives and a friend into largely no-show positions on their payrolls, billing $4 million since 2010.

more

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/24/wasserman-schultz-threatened-police-chief-for-gathering-evidence-on-her-it-staffers-alleged-crimes/

We write today to request the Office of Congressional Ethics immediately investigate Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s apparent breach of House Ethics Rules.

According to recent reports, several Members employed a House IT Aide, Imran Awan, until Awan was barred from accessing the House’s computer system in February 2017 and under criminal investigation. Nearly all of the Members who employed Awan terminated his employment in March 2017. However, Representative Wasserman Schultz continued to employ and compensate Awan with taxpayer funds. For several months, Wasserman Schultz refused to remove Awan from house payroll even though he was barred from the House computer system which would presumably prevent him from performing any reasonable IT work. It wasn’t until July 25, 2017, after Awan was arrested on bank fraud charges when he was attempting to leave the country, that Wasserman Schultz fired Awan.

House staff are compensated with taxpayer funds, and Members are directly responsible for ensuring their staff are only paid for official public work, work that has actually be performed, and at a rate commensurate with the work performed. A Member must “provide monthly salary certifications” for staff and staff can only be compensated “for duties performed within the preceding month.” Moreover, House staff are also required to abide by the spirit and letter of the ethics rules, including conducting himself in a manner that reflects creditably on the House.6 It was contrary to the House Ethics Rules for Wasserman Schultz to continue to pay Awan with taxpayer funds even after he was barred from the House computer system and could not perform his duties, and under criminal investigation.

It appears that Representative Wasserman Schultz permitted an employee to remain on the House payroll in violation of House Ethics Rules. After Awan was barred from accessing the House computer system, Wasserman Schultz continued to pay Awan with taxpayer funds for IT consulting—a position that he could not reasonably be able to perform.

more

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/07/31/watchdog-group-asks-congress-to-probe-rep-wasserman-schultz-over-fired-it-aide/

The point being?

GOP / DNC, liberals democrats republicans, etc etc...... I think all in all the candidates weren't exactly prime candidates, neither Hillary, nor Bernie or Trump, and that's a disappointment, and the voters are the ones to suffer.
There's a country to be run, however, and I do feel there are competent senators, so I do hope that rather than "toe the party line", those folks use their heads, and create legislation that helps the majority of the people and the country. Rather than being bogged down in he said/she said discussions and serving a minority (who don't bloody need it).

It's an engineering thing, you find a problem, you find out the cause, you (re)define constraints/ specifications, and you develop a suitable solution (and verify afterwards). I realise that politics has a more fuzzy front end than engineering, but above remains true, stray to far from it and you'll get nowhere.

Jarno said:
The point being?

It's an engineering thing, you find a problem, you find out the cause, you (re)define constraints/ specifications, and you develop a suitable solution (and verify afterwards).

That's what I'm doing, Jarno. Nice to have you on board.

Attachments

• DGFAJwsUQAAReDS.jpg
    DGFAJwsUQAAReDS.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 11
Back