Drip drip drip, ------

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thread. I've never built anything Drip. I have looked at there projects in the past. Recently I've been looking at the 176 as I want a vari mu and this claims to keep everything original like the side chain for example.

The site images are extremely appealing and high end. However I do find the site lacking information and clarity which concerned me and lead me to this thread.

I personally feel a dedicated sub forum would be helpful. No one is forced to post in forums and support issues. If a build is bad it will become apparent and for those who choose to build drip they can offer support to each other.

To play devil's advocate what a bout AC sounds boards? I know the PYE clone was in some respects community developed. Some parts of the build and line up remain a mystery. Similar story with some of Igor's boards. The sales of these boards have been taken over by third parties who offer no support and I'm not saying they should.

Last edited:
I feel what the OP is talking about now. In the last day or so I've noticed all these @#$%-ing DRIP threads making their way to the top of this forum, essentially polluting it. :cautious: Ugh.

Never cared for the "designs". It's "success" seemed attributable to marketing and hyperbole more than anything else. You can see how that worked out. :rolleyes:

My apologies. Rant over.

Interesting thread. I've never built anything Drip. I have looked at there projects in the past. Recently I've been looking at the 176 as I want a vari mu and this claims to keep everything original like the side chain for example.

The site images are extremely appealing and high end. However I do find the site lacking information and clarity which concerned me and lead me to this thread.

I personally feel a dedicated sub forum would be helpful. No one is forced to post in forums and support issues. If a build is bad it will become apparent and for those who choose to build drip they can offer support to each other.

To play devil's advocate what a bout AC sounds boards? I know the PYE clone was in some respects community developed. Some parts of the build and line up remain a mystery. Similar story with some of Igor's boards. The sales of these boards have been taken over by third parties who offer no support and I'm not saying they should.
Built a Drip 176 years ago, works and sounds great!

I’ve done some Dr*p projects. When the 124 came out, I built two, and posted findings on the Dr*p forum…mistakes, really. Other builders were thanking me for finding the mistakes, and it felt good to help out. Within a week of posting issues with this pcb/schematic, the forum went completely dead. I will build more 124 comps, using the original schematic, but probably point to point.
What mistakes did you find?

Holy crap, I had to "finish" a Drip 670 build for a client and it was a nightmare. The supplied documentation was so voluminous and convoluted that it was impossible to follow in any sensible fashion. What should have been a "paint by numbers" turned into a Jackson Pollock.
And that sucks, because I WANT A 670 IN MY RACK!!!

Latest posts

Back