Electrolytic capacitors with hi ripple current

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thekid777

Which radial standard 85° capacitors made today can match high ripple current of capacitors made 30-40 years ago?
Thank you

Last edited:

@thekid777

Which radial standard 85° capacitors made today can match high ripple current of capacitors made 30-40 years ago?
Thank you
It will be very helpful for us to answering correctly back to you, if you -First of all- tell us what kind of amplifier is this that you need these radial standard 85° capacitors which are made today that can match the high ripple current of capacitors made 30-40 years ago?...

So let’s say is this amplifier a Hiwatt DR103 100w guitar amplifier and you need a 100 + 100 / 500 Volt Dual Value Radial Caps with Solder Lugs like this one F+T 100uF x 100uF, 500V dual electrolytic caspacitor?...

Because I'll not cook any chicken or eggs!

Ok, but i hope you're also aware that the expected lifetime doubles for every 10C under the rated temperature.

1000h @ 105C -> 2000h @ 95C -> 4000h @ 85C etc

So insisting on 85C caps is... hard to justify. Especially since even the cost differences are minimal.

So let’s say is this amplifier a Hiwatt DR103 100w guitar amplifier and you need a 100 + 100 / 500 Volt Dual Value Radial Caps with Solder Lugs like this one F+T 100uF x 100uF, 500V dual electrolytic caspacitor?...

Do you happen to have some financial interest in promoting all those esoteric capacitors? 🤨

Do you happen to have some financial interest in promoting all those esoteric capacitors? 🤨
Nope, just like the “Lucky Luke” I am still “a poor and lonely” DIY-er who ruined his pockets back in time, making my Marshall JMP 1959 100w Plexi clone, so I know very well "the pain for his pocket" that someone DIY-er Guitar amp. builder has, especially if you multiply the price of the F+T 100uF x 100uF, 500V Dual Value Radial Electrolytic Caps with Solder Lugs, five times for his guitar amp…

Attachments

• lucky-luke-wallpaper-preview.jpg
    lucky-luke-wallpaper-preview.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back