ethics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those sure look like my boards....What about we just mail all the bidders and point them here ? :grin:

Seriously.. This is not why I sell them, but I cant tell people what to do with the boards after recieving them.

Gustav

I dont really mind. Too bad that people might end up paying much more than here though. I dont really have a way of finding out who this is. I could maybe narrow it down to a few people, but I havent told people they cant sell the PCBs on. Arent some people also selling finished builds of these clones ?

Gustav

Well if they had linked to my page I would have put a note on to redirect them to Gustav and the real prices. Maybe the people who have those sites could do that?

But we live in a market economy - we can't stop this kind of thing, only sabotage it a little.

Frank and me, we are really famous. :grin:
Don't think too bad from this guy. Maybe he bought both and haven't found the time to start building it. Why not selling this unused boards?
You don't know what's behind this story. And he is not cheating anyone.
He only sells this two boards. And he has started this auction with 1 ?, he is not responsible, if someone is willing to pay that much.
So what's the problem?

Kubi, two days ago I shot someone called Kubi in RTCW ET. You? :green:

Ok I dont understand the language...

But if it reads what I think it reads then I think the seller should make mention that the boards are of "clones" in the TITLE!

If I were to put the bloo la2's on ebay it would be obvious that they were clones due to their color and logos...

this is why I did not make the la2 kits available in the original color or graphics... because of people trying to pass cloned product off as authentic...

:roll:

I used to be into Unreal tournament...

Clan Radium :)

just call me cannibal

haha

god to think of all the time I waisted playing in the tourneys

was a bad habbit to break

35? for the ssl board ??? Maybe I should start selling on ebay myself.

Gustav

I can't decide whether to say anything
Gustav and I had a very short email discussion and I was always reluctant to send off any raw info to any PCB makers.
I have supplied PCBs to Group DIY members that I thought really needed them and so far only a handful have paid ... these people also got VCAs with the PCBs as a short form kit.

BUT who was I to decide who did and who didn't get PCBs ... I have no answer
... once Gustav was supplying many PCBs the Chef, and I to a small degree followed suit ... and others. I was surprised at the lack of interest in the G9. This was the one that people said they wanted and couldn't make for themselves ??

I wanted the group to help each other and for every one to have an opportunity to provide the group with something of value. Difficult for the beginners to actively help the group so it was all a bit altruistic.

As the group got very large this sort of thing is bound to happen. It has been suggested above that as this is an action you can't blame the seller for the end price.

What can I say except ... " you get that "

we still love our DIY

I continued to think about this.

A similar situation ... Second Hand CD's ... sure not quite the same but go with me here.

Have you ever stood in a second hand CD shop and picked up one of your CD's ?

Go on, be honest and tell us what your first thought was !!!

was it

" Five bucks ... I'm worth more than 5 BUCKS !!! "

more importantly ... did you buy it or leave it .... or try to talk someone else into buying it ???

This is not good. If for nothing else, then ripping off the buyer is wrong.

Also, we do not want that kind of "commercial" angle on diy - it will most probably annoy the good people that are making a living off these devices, and so it makes our course much harder.

Is it possible to send the seller a notice to say that we are not happy with what he does? I don't know ebaystuff..

Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back