ethics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont care much about these boards being sold on. I do care about them being sold for over 70? though.

How would you feel about me making "buy now" auctions for the boards at the same price they go for here ?

Gustav

[quote author="Gustav"]How would you feel about me making "buy now" auctions for the boards at the same price they go for here ?[/quote]

:razz:

Yep, that would definitely stop the fun for that ebayer..!

I think that it's a great idea..

Jakob E.

I think the whole affair kinda sucks, but then again I think ebay is pretty evil. We havent figurd out who the culprit is that is auctioning these?

dave

Ok.
Itll probably be a few days, cuz I need to borrow a digital camera from someone and have some picutres taken.
Unless someone here could mail me a picture ?
It wouldnt be good just copying the picture from the auction up now

Gustav

[quote author="soundguy"]We havent figurd out who the culprit is that is auctioning these?
dave[/quote]

That's easy. Take a look at the url of the big picture, find the domain name, make a google search for "stereo-network.com" and you will find the name and the telefon number of this guy.

the shots for this auctions seems taken from a flatbed scammer.. Gustav, don't you have one around?? just wondering.

Im sure you mean a scanner :shock:

And I dont have one unfortunately.

Gustav

From a whois lookup on the domain - Christoph Seipel is the registrant of the domain (stereo-network.com) where the EBAY image is hosted - out of Frankfurt, DE.

Hope this helps.

- Michael nil-x
- Pressure - Penetration

Yeah, found the same thing:

registrant-firstname: Christoph
registrant-lastname: Seipel
registrant-street1: xxx
registrant-pcode: xxx
registrant-city: Frankfurt / Main
registrant-ccode: DE
registrant-phone: xxx

Try Whois.net for the entire content. I´ve substituted his personal info for xxx. Maybe Gustav can check on his adress list???

I'm sure Jakob thought about it before registering approval at Gustav's idea, so I could be exhibiting paranoia here...

However, I wonder if oems such as SSL / UA etc tolerate the diy boards because people aren't making a profit, and in a way it "glamourises" the real product in that folk who can't afford the real thing diy one.

I'm sure Jakob knows the legal situation well, and the schems are reverse-engineered anyway, but I do suspect that if these auctions keep coming up on a regular basis it will get on the nerves of SSL / UA etc... The last thing we need is legal letters from these oems, so I'm a touch concerned about the auctions.

Maybe I'm paranoid, just registering a few thoughts :?:

Cheers,
Justin

It was my impression that there was no problem whatsoever with the 1176.

Gustav

[quote author="Gustav"]It was my impression that there was no problem whatsoever with the 1176.

Gustav[/quote]

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but the first auction was for an SSL board, I can't see auctions such as that endearing our fraternity to a certain firm in Oxford.

Even if the 1176 is legal, it may not stop a few lawyer's letters, didn't Purple have same hassle?

J

that was my reaction to it, theres a big difference between offering something here and having a manufacturer tolerate it but its a whole different thing to have the things up on fucking ebay for the whole world to see, talk about drawing needless attention to ourselves.... Putting up more boards on ebay at a cheaper price, IMO, does nothing to help the issue... I could care less how much someone profits from the damn things, its about the exposure that in the big scheme of things can be bad for the group here.

dave

agreed

in some ways SSL has already made some attention to what goes on in here.. pushing the buttons soo many times might make more harm than good...

If it's an issue - Gustav or Jakob could contact ebay themselves as the "manufacturer" and inform them that this auction is for an item that is unauthorized for re-sell by the manufacturer. They will probably take the auction down.

-Michael nil-x
- Pressure : Penetration

... refering to my ebay article i really have to sorry - i did not want to disgust anyone here in this forum, especially not gustav or jakob - making money was not the idea behind, only selling the last 2 1176 mono pcb´s ... - i also did not know about the fact reselling, esp. via ebay is "illegal" and is not conform to the rules of the forum. ARTICLE is out of ebay as good as possible >> look here: http://www.groupdiy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?1487&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75
if you like to send me an email about this don´t hesitate to send it to chris AT stereo-network.com

1MORESORRY
CHRISTOPH

why does that link not work ??

I get :

" The topic or post you requested does not exist "

strange.

I don't see the problem as the seller can not control where the auction goes.
If there is a repeat seller then there may be something to discuss but a DIY'er who finds they don't have time to make and then wants to sell ... well that's the second hand market.

If the buyer is that dumb ... then so be it.

[quote author="nil-x"]From a whois lookup on the domain - Christoph Seipel is the registrant of the domain (stereo-network.com) where the EBAY image is hosted - out of Frankfurt, DE.

Hope this helps.

- Michael nil-x
- Pressure - Penetration[/quote]
I did a bit of a naughty thing and pretended to be a buyer and asked him a question ....
I can confirm the name as this is the mail address I received from the reply this morning...

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back