[FEELER] C12 Clone Project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please indicate which project configuration would most interest you.

• pcb's only

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • pcb's and donor microphone

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • partial kit (pcb, electronic components, transformer)

Votes: 37 18.6%
  • partial kit with donor microphone

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • complete turn-key package

Votes: 83 41.7%

• Total voters
Great timing.
Just finished a pair of D-U67s
so I  appriciate that fact we can use the supplied PSU Parts on this project.
I'll get started on PSB's and power supplies
As soon as I get a 3 sets of boards. " 3 months "
Thanks for the great job on making this possible.

Looks like Matador is headed out of town for a little bit, so the task of final pcb verification falls on me  :eek: .  I might as well do the final build documentation at this time, so I've started doing some legwork to package a few parts kits and get everything looking like the final kit configuration for the photo set.

p1426267100-4.jpg

A couple of super small details are still pending, but I'm looking to start very soon.  I did not realize until I opened up all the parts and combed through everything that I needed 2-56 or M2 screw, nut, lock washer to mount the fuse holder and a couple of other really small details.

Anyways, getting close.  If anyone was planning to do this build, has prototyping technical knowledge and has parts already in hand to quickly proceed, please let me know and I can pre-release the pcb set.  Might not hurt to have a couple more eyes on the board before shipping out whole bunch.

Just spoke with Oliver at AMI, and put in an order for a stack of T14 transformers and a handful of T13 and T67.  They should be shipping Monday.

As for transformer optimization, I discussed the boosted bass T14 winding with Oliver and we both decided it would be optimal for adjustments (if necessary) to be made at the capsule and leave the T14 stock, so that is what we did.  He also had some detailed information regarding the Ela M251 meshing which actually has gone through several iterations over the years, but was kind enough to provide me with some specs so i can get my headbasket set up correctly.

Always a pleasure to deal with AMI.

Chunger,

Why did you want to boost the bass? Or is this some sort of alternate historic T14 that had more bass?

And the third transformer used, the "Henry Radio"  V 2148 with a larger core than t14 and t14/1
http://www.saturn-sound.com/images%20-%20microphones/akg%20c12%20transformer%20types.jpg

Thanks for chiming in, Max.
I knew about the Henry Radio (and posted about it earlier in the thread), but I thought it was very similar to the Hiller and I wasn't aware of the larger core in the HR.
When you talk about transformers, I listen.
Come to think of it, when you talk I listen anyway.  :p

Will the headbaskets have the cardioid symbol indicating the front of the mic? If so, I vote for stamped or engraved so I can paint the headbasket in a finish to match the rest of my mic, and still see the symbol clearly.

-James-

HellfireStudios said:
Will the headbaskets have the cardioid symbol indicating the front of the mic? If so, I vote for stamped or engraved so I can paint the headbasket in a finish to match the rest of my mic, and still see the symbol clearly.

-James-

Hi James,

No plans for markings or engraving right now.  I'll have to see how much cost it would add to the quote we have going.

Latest posts

Back