[FEELER] C12 Clone Project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please indicate which project configuration would most interest you.

• pcb's only

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • pcb's and donor microphone

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • partial kit (pcb, electronic components, transformer)

Votes: 37 18.6%
  • partial kit with donor microphone

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • complete turn-key package

Votes: 83 41.7%

• Total voters
Hi Chunger,

I would like to get on the reserved list for two C12 headbaskets that fit the HSt11a bodies (i've already got two of these in service and the new headbaskets would be great).

I tried PM but your inbox is full ATM.

Cheers,
jonathan

Hey Chung,

I also tried to PM, but your box is indeed full

I already have 2 of your donor mics, so i would like to be toward the top of the list for anything that may be hard to keep stocked?...so invoice me accordingly.
Thanx
Tony

I'm also in for 1 c12 head basket, and 1 elam head basket on your other feeler thread thanx

Hi Chung !
I also tried to PM you!
Please reserve for me:  one of each :Body, headbasket, tube, transformer, PCB, electronic Parts -

Andreas

Here is the configuration for the "budget" build mentioned by Chunger above (at least where it differs from the premium build):

1) Capsule - AA Microphone's AK12 recreation capsule
2) Tube - Modern EH6072A screened for noise/microphonics
3) Transformer - Cinemag CM2480
4) BOM changes - 30M and 250M resistors substituted for thick film 100M

Everything else will be the same as a "premium" build.

While your at this stage can i suggest a 251 board also... its pretty much the same circuit just self biasing. For those wanting to build the Elam style circuit.

Has anyone done any research on alloy piping and bell connectors for those wanting to build a c12 looking clone?

Jess

JessJackson said:
While your at this stage can i suggest a 251 board also... its pretty much the same circuit just self biasing. For those wanting to build the Elam style circuit.

They are working on that, the headbasket is already happening, the elam circuit is after the c12 happens,...unless i dreamed that?? ;)

tonycamp said:
JessJackson said:

They are working on that, the headbasket is already happening, the elam circuit is after the c12 happens,...unless i dreamed that?? ;)

Next. . . one step at a time.  Truth be told, we may even already have the ELA M251 pcb laid out, but are launching C12 first.  The C12's fixed bias configuration is more difficult to achieve and not a readily available mod so we hit that first.

If you want to build ELA M251 now, you can order:

2 layer mesh custom headbasket
PSU pcb and electronic parts
HT-11A (if you don't already have one)
AMI T14
Tim CAmpbell CT12 capsule
tube (if you don't already have one)

Build the PSU with the fixed bias section bypassed. . . then, mod the stock HT-11A pcb close to ELA M251 configuration.  If later when the ELA kit comes out, you decide to clean up the internals with pretty new layout, it would be quick and cheap.

I would like to reserve one C12 headbasket. Let me know where to send the money. BTW, Chunger, I got the HST-11a power supply you sent me a while back. I don't know if I thanked you or not... so... thanks. It should work well for my AR-51 clone...

-James-

Hey Chunger, I already expressed interest in two premium kits, minus the donor mics and psu, which I just received. I just thought that I should play it safe and remind you :)

Thanks again for all of the hard work you guys are putting into this project.

chunger said:
tonycamp said:
JessJackson said:

Next. . . one step at a time.  Truth be told, we may even already have the ELA M251 pcb laid out, but are launching C12 first.  The C12's fixed bias configuration is more difficult to achieve and not a readily available mod so we hit that first.

If you want to build ELA M251 now, you can order:

2 layer mesh custom headbasket
PSU pcb and electronic parts
HT-11A (if you don't already have one)
AMI T14
Tim CAmpbell CT12 capsule
tube (if you don't already have one)

Build the PSU with the fixed bias section bypassed. . . then, mod the stock HT-11A pcb close to ELA M251 configuration.  If later when the ELA kit comes out, you decide to clean up the internals with pretty new layout, it would be quick and cheap.

Put me down for 1 headbasket and PSU PCB, please!

Dylan

Put me down for one (1) premium kit build. Not sure how I'll float it but I'll come up with something depending on when we need to pay.

I'll actually be able to have money for this one. Thanks uncle "douche" Sam! I'm in for the pcbs, mic body and headbasket... Thank god I only make $20,000 a year or f. I'd hate to make $500,000 a year. Christ I'd.....

Brice

Thought I had already posted this but I guess not. I'm in for a budget kit minus the donor mic and tube.

Headbaskets have incurred delays. . . well, figure it couldn't all be smooth sailing.  They like their holidays over in China.  Feb. 19 is the new ETA for samples.

PCB's and parts kits should be online pretty soon.

Please add me to your reservation list. I would like 3 headbaskets and 3 Pcb sets. I can prepayt or pay as they are available.  I will need 2 of the Campbell capsules and AMI xfmrs soon too.

Yes Please. I'll add to this List as well Chunger

2 of the Partial Kits with option for 2 headbaskets when they're available.

Thanks to You and Matador. 

Back