FEELER: LA-3A - Dual Mono/Stereo 2U Design (AKA The SA-3A) - PAGE 6 TO PRE-ORDER

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be in for 4 T4Bs. Especially if you get them as matched pairs.
If you put a good price on these I think you could sell a heap of them.

No I haven't.  Historically not often used for that purpose, although no reason you couldn't try it on the mixbuss/masterbuss - guitars, vocals, and bass seem to be what people generally use them on.  For guitars & vocals I can say first hand it sounds ohh so smooth and really brings out the detail, haven't tried it on bass yet but I expect the results'll be the same.  You can reeeeally dig deep with the compression too without it breakup up/distorting, it's like a bottomless pit.  I expect alot of you will be hitting between 10db - 20db G/R easily quite often.

no, i know they are not really used for that purpose. I want this and the SB4K but cant swing both. Trying to see if I could get away with this on the 2buss.

if you do get a chance I would appreciate knowing what you think of the results.

Amazing project by the way. Your stuff is incredible.

snipsnip said:
no, i know they are not really used for that purpose. I want this and the SB4K but cant swing both. Trying to see if I could get away with this on the 2buss.

if you do get a chance I would appreciate knowing what you think of the results.

Amazing project by the way. Your stuff is incredible.

Honestly, for 2buss I would go for the sb4k.  Thanks for the compliment btw  :)

Definitely going to confirm my preorder in the next few days. I'm also in for the power transformer and the T4B's. Need to get the funds worked out though, waiting for my paycheck at the moment, I'll have to divert the funds for the sb4k to this project as well.
Not a lot of spare time right now though, working extra hours to pay for all your wonderful engineering, and trying to get some studying done too ;D. The majority of the parts would've been collecting dust for at least two or three months, so I'll happily commit to building one of these first while saving money to get my sb4k's done afterwards.

Now just try and hold off, and don't come announcing a new project a few weeks after I pre-ordered. Otherwise you'll get me bankrupt by the end of the year :eek:
Just kidding, continue this GREAT work, it's very appreciated and admired, and I'm sure not only by me.

Tsane said:
Definitely going to confirm my preorder in the next few days. I'm also in for the power transformer and the T4B's. Need to get the funds worked out though, waiting for my paycheck at the moment, I'll have to divert the funds for the sb4k to this project as well.
Not a lot of spare time right now though, working extra hours to pay for all your wonderful engineering, and trying to get some studying done too ;D. The majority of the parts would've been collecting dust for at least two or three months, so I'll happily commit to building one of these first while saving money to get my sb4k's done afterwards.

Now just try and hold off, and don't come announcing a new project a few weeks after I pre-ordered. Otherwise you'll get me bankrupt by the end of the year :eek:
Just kidding, continue this GREAT work, it's very appreciated and admired, and I'm sure not only by me.

Wait, so you're saying you're NOT going to want the sb4001 next month??  LOL, just kidding.  After this one I'm taking a little break.  My back surgery is next week and I have alot of studio work to do after that, as well as my band is scheduled to start recording in Dec, and then a little girl on the way end of Jan.  Although.......I am going to be stuck in bed for 3-4 weeks after my surgery....hmm....whatever will I work on lol?????

Man, you're making me feel bad - like I said, I don't want to see anyone selling blood or donating organs to pay for this haha.  Don't work too hard, although your interest and support IS much appreciated.

Hello Ruckus,

thanks for looking into the Sifam R22 meter spec - i cant actually find any info online except a thread stating that they are identical in size to the original meters used in urei comps... ill measure mine tonight to check,

what is the cutout dimension you are using? im guessing you have made it the size of the hairball meter? or the original size?

btw - when is the payment deadline? (bit tied up this week)

i'd be in for a pair of drip tb4's as well - ideally sent all at once -

thanks

ruckus328 said:
Wait, so you're saying you're NOT going to want the sb4001 next month??  LOL, just kidding.  After this one I'm taking a little break.  My back surgery is next week and I have alot of studio work to do after that, as well as my band is scheduled to start recording in Dec, and then a little girl on the way end of Jan.  Although.......I am going to be stuck in bed for 3-4 weeks after my surgery....hmm....whatever will I work on lol?????

Man, you're making me feel bad - like I said, I don't want to see anyone selling blood or donating organs to pay for this haha.  Don't work too hard, although your interest and support IS much appreciated.

I'd rather want an sb4k today as tomorrow, but life decides otherwise at the moment :) I hope everything goes well with your surgery!
And don't feel bad, it's my own choice to get involved in all this :p. I do have the funds now (still living with my parents, and earning more money as an average 'student'), so I'll have to do it now before me and the girlfriend get our own place in a year or two. The money will be needed for other things then :)

TheGuitarist said:
Can i confirm that the power TX is set for 240v power too? Or can be set i should say.

Ohh yea of course.  Guess I should have specified that.  It's just a 0-15, 0-15V toroid, same one I use in all my builds, can be wired for either 230V in series or 115V in parallel, 50/60Hz.

TheGuitarist said:
Payment sent for boards and xformers, front panel, power xformer and component kit.

Hopefully the price is right.

Payment recieved, the amount was correct.  You've been added to the list in the white market thread.

Latest posts

Back